Trying to figure out the optimal parents

#1Pervert_KuhnPosted 3/24/2013 9:40:54 PM
This is for my Lunatic run. I'm not sure what the best parents are for each kid, and I don't want to screw anyone too badly. The only pairings I specifically have in mind right now are ChromxOlivia, GregorxLissa, KellamxNowi, and FrederickxSumia.

MU is male. I'm also partial to Lon'quxCordelia since it worked out so well, but it might not be optimal overall. I also want to make Brady a War Cleric, so Maribelle's husband needs some good physical classes for skills. Also considering VaikecCherche for uber Str Gerome. I also want a 3rd gen Morgan, though am unsure if I want her to be magic or physical (MU will be both as a Dread Fighter).
---
The Official Almaz von Almandine Adamant of the Disgaea 4 Board
"****ing blocks...I'm gonna climb the **** outta you!"
#2doshpashtaPosted 3/24/2013 9:44:39 PM
Gregor x Lissa? Why? Lissa x Libra is great and it takes advantage of Lissa's natural magic mods.

TharjaxRicken, CherchexGregor, CordeliaxLon'qu, MaribellexHenry are all great.

Make sure to marry MU to a second-generation character with similar mods.
#3doshpashtaPosted 3/24/2013 9:45:14 PM
doshpashta posted...
Gregor x Lissa? Why? Lissa x Libra is great and it takes advantage of Lissa's natural magic mods.

Btw, you can marry MU to Noire to produce a really heavy hitting magic Morgan.
#4Pervert_Kuhn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 12:13:44 AM
doshpashta posted...

Because I have no intention of having a magical Owain. Magic cannot satisfy the sword hand! Plus Gregor gives Owain Armsthrift.

I'm noting the other suggestions though.
---
#5WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 12:18:08 AM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
Because I have no intention of having a magical Owain. Magic cannot satisfy the sword hand! Plus Gregor gives Owain Armsthrift.

I'm noting the other suggestions though.

Having -1 Str does not automatically make Owain a magical unit. He is just good with Tomes and Levin Swords with his +4 Mag.

Libra gives him Galeforce + Lifetaker combo, Vantage + Vengeance + Wrath combo and Sorcerer access.

This is a case where people should not get too caught up in modifiers that may not be completely optimal but still aren't bad at all.

Gregor x Panne is fantastic for a terrifying Berserker Yarne (Armsthrift, Axefaire, Sword/Lancebreaker, Vantage and Sol w/ Tomahark/Helswrath).
#6Pervert_Kuhn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 12:27:09 AM
You make a good point about Owain. He'd have access to good skills and access to classes that use all of the Dread Fighter's weapons (which is what he'll end up as).

As for the suggestion of Maribelle x Henry, would that gimp Brady as a War Cleric? His heals would no doubt be good, but would the 39 max str be too low? I will grant he'd have access to GREAT classes, though. Vengeance, Lifetaker, Wrath, Counter...
---
#7xGreekAcex714Posted 3/25/2013 12:38:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Krono_KrossPosted 3/25/2013 12:49:03 AM
I'm currently running a Donnel!Brady, and Aptitude will make him really good really quickly (especially if you grind him by spamming Rescue Staves) but at the cost of having rather low caps (39 STR 42 MAG). No Axefaire either, but if you want a low-maintenance Brady, he'll do great. Plus he gets Sol for sustainability (+ Renewal and he'll never die) and Armsthrift and a 52 LUK cap.
#9WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 12:49:04 AM
xGreekAcex714 posted...
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
As for the suggestion of Maribelle x Henry, would that gimp Brady as a War Cleric? His heals would no doubt be good, but would the 39 max str be too low? I will grant he'd have access to GREAT classes, though. Vengeance, Lifetaker, Wrath, Counter...

ABSOLUTELY NOT. My Henry!Brady kicks ass with a Bolt Axe which was practically made for War MONKs.

Axefaire
Counter
Luna
Renewal
Galeforce

You also gotta remember most enemies are physical, meaning they'll have more defense than resistance. So Henry!Brady with a Bolt Axe(which relies on the Mag Stat and is increased by 5 with Axefaire), just RAPES. Plus dat white hair works nicely with his kick-ass black robes.
---

What he said. Henry!Brady is THE War Monk.

Also, Axefaire works for physical axes and Bolt Axe. No reason no to carry a Tomahawk and Bold Axe at all times.

War Monk / Sage Brady:
Axefaire / Tomefaire
Aegis / Anathema / Counter
Galeforce
Lifetaker / Renewal
Luna / Vengeance
#10WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 12:52:33 AM(edited)
Krono_Kross posted...
I'm currently running a Donnel!Brady, and Aptitude will make him really good really quickly (especially if you grind him by spamming Rescue Staves) but at the cost of having rather low caps (39 STR 42 MAG). No Axefaire either, but if you want a low-maintenance Brady, he'll do great. Plus he gets Sol for sustainability (+ Renewal and he'll never die) and Armsthrift and a 52 LUK cap.

Aptitude can do that to anyone, but don't do this.

Donnel is typically a BAD father to anyone not named Kjelle, to whom he is a GREAT father to.

And if you want the best character possible, you're better off passing down Counter to Kjelle over Aptitude, which will eventually become worthless.