Which do you prefer, world map or going straight into the chapter?

#1Gold_VanguardPosted 3/25/2013 3:44:57 AM
Which do you prefer? - Results (120 votes)
World Map
80% (96 votes)
Going to chapter to chapter
20% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you world maps like Sacred Stones and this game? Or do you prefer going the next chapter after beating the last one like Path of Radiance or any of the GBA Fire Emblems.
---
I'm here to kick ass and play games, and I'm all out of ass.
#2RDS1Posted 3/25/2013 3:55:51 AM
I know going chapter to chapter is how Fire Emblem is "supposed" to be, but I like the world map system.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#3vermillion719Posted 3/25/2013 4:19:55 AM
While chapter-to-chapter keeps you really focused on the main plot, a world map makes a lot of other things possible that I like having access to.
---
"Gregor can learn despoil, simply because thats what he does to about all the women in supports." - CarefreeDude
#4Blade_KirbyPosted 3/25/2013 5:09:46 AM
I appreciate the linear FE style for what it is, but having the map just adds an extra dimension to the game that makes it much more fun.
---
I want to find the developers of this game and shoot them in the face with a bean bag. - Topcover on APB
They're too busy being homeless. - Laquill
#5marthsheretooPosted 3/25/2013 5:18:34 AM
My preference would be a compromise -- it would go chapter-to-chapter when the plot demanded urgency, but there would be times when you could take a breather and traipse around the world map.
---
Yes, racism is justified. -The_Kid3000
#6finaleusPosted 3/25/2013 5:58:19 AM
My first FE experience was with one without a world map, and that game didn't actually hold my interest long enough for me to get more than 5 or so areas in.

I'm not saying that the world map alone is what made me adore Awakening, but I think it was one of the many improvements since whichever gba game I had.
#7Solar_CrimsonPosted 3/25/2013 6:01:59 AM
My preference would be a compromise -- it would go chapter-to-chapter when the plot demanded urgency, but there would be times when you could take a breather and traipse around the world map.

This.

For instance, in this game it would have been best to have to do Chapter 10 immediately after Chapter 9.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/25/2013 6:13:07 AM
I prefer the world map. It makes some things easier to manage. One thing that it really helps with is outfitting your characters, since there isn't any "in battle" Armories and Vendors; you just buy your stuff from the world map.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#9Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/25/2013 6:48:07 AM
Either a world map, or starting at the base like in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. I really like that breather between chapters to buy stuff, prepare for battle, manage inventory, and see support/base conversations. I really missed that in the first North American Fire Emblem game.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#10Model_OmegaPosted 3/25/2013 6:49:31 AM
I'd like it so some chapters have to take place immediately after finishing the previous.
Like Chapter 9->10, shouldn't be able to go to the world map in between.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...