need little help about wedding

#1SkyHeavenPosted 3/25/2013 8:39:47 AM
1st time im playing fire emblem game. there seem to have infinite possibility in that game. im kinda lost with all those billions of topic saying different thing.

here a list of some couple I read in different topic :

Chrom / Olivia
MU / Sumia or Tharya
Lon'qu / Cordelia
Kellan / Noir
Donnel / Sully
MarieBelle / Henry or Libra
Lissa / Henry or Libra
Vaike / Cherche
Gregor / Panne
Ricken / Miriel or Tharja or Noir
Gaius / Noir
Stahlx / Panne

I would like some advice. I don't know if im missing anyone. I would also know the reason why they should get together.

One last thing, I keep reading that you need to grind for Chrom Olivia. What exactly do I need to grind ? cause I had Chrom as Great Lord. Don't know if I was suppose to grind a required level for Great Lord or I had to grind other class skills.

So I would really appreciate your opinion on those wedding, the reason, and what I gotta grind exactly. That would really help me a lot by having a good start and wouldn't have to re-do this game over and over again by screwing up my game.
#2SlashReturnsPosted 3/25/2013 8:41:49 AM
Just throwing this out there, Noire is Tharja's daughter, so she can't support the first gen guys(unless it's her father)
---
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!
Official Husbando of Nah<3
#3fireemblemomegaPosted 3/25/2013 8:45:09 AM
Olivia and Chrom can happen if you defeat chapter 11 and she's the highest supported with him at the time. He has to marry soon as you defeat Gangrel. (I think it was chapter 11, don't quote me on that).
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.
#4SkyHeaven(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:48:13 AM
yeah I know I made an altnernative savefile, I got Chrom Olivia, Just don't know what I had to grind exactly. Did I need to grind Great Lord to level 20 ? or some other class for him ? that where im lost. I still got a save before starting chapter 11. that why im asking, before continuing with Chrom Olivia.
#5WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 9:09:48 AM(edited)
Here is a brief list of some fantastic pairings

=====-=====-=====-=====-=====-=====-=====-=====-=====-=====

Chrom x Sumia
Olivia x Virion

or

Chrom x Olivia
Sumia x Frederick (for a none Sorcerer Cynthia)
Sumia x Henry (for a Sorcerer Cynthia)

Lissa x Libra

Maribelle x Henry

Sully x Donnel

Cordelia x Stahl (+4 Str, +4 Ski, +3 Spd, +3 Def, -1 Res, Aegis, Luna)
Cordelia x Lon'qu (+2 Str, +6 Ski, +6 Spd, -1 Def, -2 Res, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker)

Cherche x Vaike

Panne x Gregor

Miriel x Ricken (+6 Mag, +2 Ski, +2 Spd, -2 Def, +1 Res, Aegis, Luna)
Miriel x Lon'qu (+4 Mag, +5 Ski, +5 Spd, -3 Def, -1 Res, Vantage, Swordfaire)

Nowi x Gaius (+3 Str, +2 Ski, +1 Spd, +3 Def, +3 Res, Sol, Vantage, Astra, Galeforce)
Nowi x Kellam (+3 Str, +1 Ski, -3 Spd, +7 Def, +3 Res, Renewal, Pavise, Luna, Dual Guard+)
Nowi x Frederick (+4 Str, +2 Ski, -3 Spd, +6 Def, +3 Res, Aegis, Pavise, Luna, Dual Guard+)

Tharja x (Male) Avatar
Tharja x Gaius (+2 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Ski, +4 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Res, Sol or Counter, Vantage, Astra, Galeforce)

#6WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 8:54:07 AM
SkyHeaven posted...
yeah I know I made an altnernative savefile, I got Chrom Olivia, Just don't know what I had to grind exactly. Did I need to grind Great Lord to level 20 ? or some other class for him ? that where im lost. I still got a save before starting chapter 11. that why im asking, before continuing with Chrom Olivia.

They are telling you that you will need to grind Olivia as a Pegasus Knight so you can evolve her to a Dark Flier, and grind her as a Dark Flier to Lv 15 to get the Galeforce skill.

You need this skill in Olivia's last (bottom) slot to pass it on to her son Inigo. This is the only skill you want to pass on to Inigo.
#7bearclaw13Posted 3/25/2013 8:56:54 AM
Lissa x Libra
Sully x Donnel/Gaius
Miriel x Lon'qu
Sumia x Frederick/Gaius
Maribelle x Henry
Panne x Vaike
Cordelia x Stahl
Nowi x Kellam
Tharja x Ricken
Olivia x Chrom
Cherche x Gregor
Insert MU wherever I suggest mage MU with Tharja or Laurent (Miriel's kid) and Physical MU with Cherche or Yarne (Panne's kid) depending on gender.
---
(note this is not my writing) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9109696/1/Convergence
#8WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 9:13:17 AM
bearclaw13 posted...
Sully x Donnel/Gaius

Just wanted to point out that Sully x Gaius might have comparable stats with better Skill and Speed, but lacks Armsthrift, Renewal, Dual Support+ and Counter which are all given by Sully x Donnel.

Donnel is the superior husband in this case.
#9bearclaw13Posted 3/25/2013 9:17:10 AM
WebbOMG posted...
bearclaw13 posted...
Sully x Donnel/Gaius

Just wanted to point out that Sully x Gaius might have comparable stats with better Skill and Speed, but lacks Armsthrift, Renewal, Dual Support+ and Counter which are all given by Sully x Donnel.

Donnel is the superior husband in this case.

I know but whenever I say Donnel people get upset with me :(. Gaius is best with Sumia or Nowi.
---
(note this is not my writing) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9109696/1/Convergence
#10WebbOMGPosted 3/25/2013 9:40:37 AM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65737124?page=1
#68 Posted 3/20/2013 8:05:04 AM

WestbrickIII posted...

WebbOMG posted...
In a singular case, Donnel's bad caps are actually highly compensated for.

Donnel gives Kjelle, Noire and Nah access to the following:

Armsthrift
Sol
Lancefaire
Galeforce
Renewal
Dual Support+

Armsthrift is complete garbage on Nah, and she has much better potential fathers in Kellam, Gaius or MU. I would never suggest pairing Donnel x Nowi.

Noire already has access to Lifetaker and has a naturally higher mag cap, so she doesn't really need a self heal skill such as Sol or Renewal and she is likely to find much less use out of Lancefaire.

Which brings us to Donnel!Kjelle.
Kjelle lacks a self heal, so she is very appreciative of the addition of Sol and Renewal. There is also a good chance that she will end up as a lance user and neither General nor Wyvern Lord have a use for Swordfaire. This makes Lancefaire appealing. Dual Support+ is obvious and I shouldn't have to explain the use of Armsthrift or Galeforce.

Typically, Donnel is a horrid father, but in this case, he actually gives Kjelle a lot of useful skills that she greatly benefits from.

Sure, Armsthrift and Galeforce may be overrated, but having access to ALL these skills is not.

Also, the stat caps Donnel!Kjelle gets are NOT bad:
Str +1
Mag -1
Skl +2
Spd +2
Lck +4
Def +1
Res +0

Compared to Chrom, Donnel!Kjelle has:
Str =
Mag -1 (who cares?)
Skl +1
Spd +1
Lck +3
Def +2
Res +1

So, excluding Mag (which is worthless for Kjelle unless you foolishly decide to make her a Valkyrie) and Lck, Donnel!Kjelle has Chrom stats +5 (1 Skl, 1 Spd, 2 Def and 1 Res).

On top of that she gets all the skills we have already discussed.

Remember there is still a use for good ol' Donnel, but other than Sully x Donnel, I can't find another one. Imo, this is one marriage that you shouldn't have to think too hard about.

This right here is a great post, and I do believe I'll be using this marriage in the future. Thanks.