Finally making it through Lunatic! ^___^

#1___Seth___Posted 3/25/2013 10:04:59 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble just trying to get through the first few chapters, but with a little help with the FAQs, I've been able to finally finish Chapter 4. Now I won't really be needing it now that I'll use the EXPonential Growth DLC map. Just happy that the hard beginning is over.
---
3DS FC: 2809 - 7742 - 7862
#2laundrysucksPosted 3/25/2013 10:06:14 AM
why are you even playing lunatic mode if you're just going to grind on the exp map?

"I want to play Lunatic"

*turns lunatic into normal mode*
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#3SazukeEXPosted 3/25/2013 10:06:37 AM
Chapter 4 was extremely easy. The hard chapters in Lunatic/+ are Prologue-3.

Since everyone but MU/Chrom/Frederick/Kellam can be one rounded by a single enemy.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4vagamesPosted 3/25/2013 10:07:51 AM
Just wait. The later chapters can be pretty relentless, too, especially if you plan on fielding a full team. Good luck defending your defenseless healers from the never-ending flier spawn that attack same-turn.

Still, congratulations. The beginning is definitely noteworthy for its brutality. I sincerely wish you luck on the rest.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#5___Seth___(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 10:08:56 AM
laundrysucks posted...
why are you even playing lunatic mode if you're just going to grind on the exp map?

"I want to play Lunatic"

Not like a ton. I just need to level up so that I can proceed on to the next chapters. Especially since I've been overly using Frederick so much... gotta get everyone else in the game!
---
#6___Seth___(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 10:09:52 AM
vagames posted...
Just wait. The later chapters can be pretty relentless, too, especially if you plan on fielding a full team. Good luck defending your defenseless healers from the never-ending flier spawn that attack same-turn.

Still, congratulations. The beginning is definitely noteworthy for its brutality. I sincerely wish you luck on the rest.

Thanks. Hard mode was an easy challenge. I can't wait to beat this, and finally onward to Lunatic+ (:
---
#7laundrysucksPosted 3/25/2013 10:11:06 AM
___Seth___ posted...
laundrysucks posted...

"I want to play Lunatic"

Not like a ton. I just need to level up so that I can proceed on to the next chapters. Especially since I've been overly using Frederick so much... gotta get everyone else in the game!

So what would you do if you didn't have that dlc? I mean this is the exact reason why everyone trashes Sacred Stones
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#8SazukeEXPosted 3/25/2013 10:11:09 AM
laundrysucks posted...

"I want to play Lunatic"

Some grinding is required in Lunatic simply because of enemy stats meaning that characters not named Chrom, MU, Frederick, or Kellam wont be able to do anything due to being one rounded by a single enemy unit.

You just need to learn restraint.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#9___Seth___(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 10:13:00 AM
laundrysucks posted...
___Seth___ posted...
laundrysucks posted...

"I want to play Lunatic"

So what would you do if you didn't have that dlc? I mean this is the exact reason why everyone trashes Sacred Stones

I'd try to find my way to the next chapters, and find reeking boxes.
---
#10vagamesPosted 3/25/2013 10:25:22 AM
I think it's pretty clear and been fairly well established that the Lunatic and especially Lunatic+ difficulties were designed with the availability of grinding in mind.

People trashed Sacred Stones because Intelligent Systems included a way to grind, which is a way to amp up your power, but did not compensate for it by way of making the challenges scale up in turn. Their complaints were that the ability to grind made an already easy game even easier.

Clearly they like having the ability to grind in one form another in their games, since it's a feature of the majority of Fire Emblem games, at least localized ones. This is just a way they seemed to try to balance it out. Obviously, it's taking a lot of heat, so people can make the argument that it didn't work out so well for them.

Unless you want to run with a party of less than 6 and slaughter with the best of the best (MU & Chrom seem to be the pick of the litter), you won't survive Lunatic without resources beyond that which the ordinary campaign provides. It's completely unrealistic.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames