Finally making it through Lunatic! ^___^

#11vagamesPosted 3/25/2013 10:27:55 AM
___Seth___ posted...
laundrysucks posted...
___Seth___ posted...
laundrysucks posted...
why are you even playing lunatic mode if you're just going to grind on the exp map?

"I want to play Lunatic"

*turns lunatic into normal mode*

Not like a ton. I just need to level up so that I can proceed on to the next chapters. Especially since I've been overly using Frederick so much... gotta get everyone else in the game!

So what would you do if you didn't have that dlc? I mean this is the exact reason why everyone trashes Sacred Stones

I'd try to find my way to the next chapters, and find reeking boxes.

You do not have to explain yourself. Enjoy the game however you please- let the naysayers naysay away.

Lunatic Mode requires at least a little grinding, and anybody who tells you otherwise is either trouncing the game with a paired up, overpowered MU or flat out lying.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#12laundrysucksPosted 3/25/2013 10:47:02 AM
SazukeEX posted...
laundrysucks posted...
why are you even playing lunatic mode if you're just going to grind on the exp map?

"I want to play Lunatic"

*turns lunatic into normal mode*

Some grinding is required in Lunatic simply because of enemy stats meaning that characters not named Chrom, MU, Frederick, or Kellam wont be able to do anything due to being one rounded by a single enemy unit.

You just need to learn restraint.

I beat Lunatic without any grinding. It's just about strategy and realizing that you will not be using any children units.
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#13VirusLordPosted 3/25/2013 10:51:12 AM
I've been playing through Lunatic Mode with only the initial DLC (Champions of Yore 1) as my grindstone, and I've only used that a few times, mostly to help level up Vaike (which ultimately proved worthless anyway, since he proved to be just too slow and I dropped him in favor of Morgan). I'm on Chapter 19 now, and I've been fielding a full team of 13 so far (it would have been 15 with Frederick and Vaike, but their stat gains were proving too poor and they couldn't keep up so I finally dropped them). I've also been making full use of DLC Marth, who has been quite the helpful companion, though I've reached the point where I'm realizing that his lack of supports is a liability.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#14laundrysucksPosted 3/25/2013 10:52:40 AM(edited)
vagames posted...
I think it's pretty clear and been fairly well established that the Lunatic and especially Lunatic+ difficulties were designed with the availability of grinding in mind.

People trashed Sacred Stones because Intelligent Systems included a way to grind, which is a way to amp up your power, but did not compensate for it by way of making the challenges scale up in turn. Their complaints were that the ability to grind made an already easy game even easier.

Clearly they like having the ability to grind in one form another in their games, since it's a feature of the majority of Fire Emblem games, at least localized ones. This is just a way they seemed to try to balance it out. Obviously, it's taking a lot of heat, so people can make the argument that it didn't work out so well for them.

Unless you want to run with a party of less than 6 and slaughter with the best of the best (MU & Chrom seem to be the pick of the litter), you won't survive Lunatic without resources beyond that which the ordinary campaign provides. It's completely unrealistic.

This is false. I have used a 10 man team + extra characters (healers, dancer, thiefs, Innes, and Jaffar)

I did not use any DLC and the only grinding i did was support level grinding on the easier spotpass maps (which by the way, only gives 1exp per kill)
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#15ConstantlaggerPosted 3/25/2013 11:16:23 AM(edited)
Lunatic casual I can maybe see probably making it with no grinding.

Lunatic classic - Gwahaha! Nosferatu spam or bust!

I personally made it all the way to ch16 in Lunatic classic without grinding. Then it just became far too overwhelming when it changed from a strategy game to a numbers game. Busted out sorceror avatar and carried myself to the endgame.
---
Laaaaaag!
#16laundrysucksPosted 3/25/2013 11:22:13 AM
Constantlagger posted...

I personally made it all the way to ch16 in Lunatic classic without grinding. Then it just became far too overwhelming when it changed from a strategy game to a numbers game. Busted out sorceror avatar and carried myself to the endgame.

Welllll I did have to let Tharja+Frederick, Hero MU + Berserker Vaike, Chrom+Lucina do most of the heavy lifting in some of the crazy chapters since they had the ability to heal themselves.

Especially the chapter where you fight Walhart the second time. Tharja was a godsend in that chapter for me. But I was still able to train Lon'qu+Cordelia, and Panne+Stahl just fine.
---
#17vagamesPosted 3/25/2013 12:50:37 PM
laundrysucks posted...
Constantlagger posted...

Welllll I did have to let Tharja+Frederick, Hero MU + Berserker Vaike, Chrom+Lucina do most of the heavy lifting in some of the crazy chapters since they had the ability to heal themselves.

Especially the chapter where you fight Walhart the second time. Tharja was a godsend in that chapter for me. But I was still able to train Lon'qu+Cordelia, and Panne+Stahl just fine.

You've contradicted virtually everything you've said. I stated that if you want to do Lunatic, you either have to grind, or you have to resort to smaller teams and letting your elite few do the heavy lifting.

You turn around and say, "[No, I field a full team!... Well, except for some of the crazy chapters where I] 'have to [Insert 3 pairs of characters here] do most of the heavy lifting'"

And you also said that you use weak Spot Pass teams for support grinding purposes. Sorry, friend, Support Grinding is still grinding. Not to mention the ability for you to reap the benefits of the Special Tiles and get items, experience, and support levels, which you already admitted to grinding.

This proves my statement, at least and most especially in your case.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames