The Ideal Class for This Unit Day 8: Panne and Gaius

#31deoxyscyclonePosted 3/26/2013 2:42:27 AM
For Panne, Taguel is best. If you hate Taguels, a dodgy Assassin still fits her style, but loses out on some cool stuff.

For Gaius, I think Assassin is the unanimous vote. ^^"

I'm glad to see so many people voting for bunny Panne! :D You see so many Taguel haters on the boards. :\
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#32Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 3/26/2013 6:28:01 AM
Taguel, Assassin.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#33Col_MobiusPosted 3/26/2013 6:48:52 AM
ksemanr posted...
Assassin for both.

Hodou posted...
Panne: Wyvern Lord. (If we could do multiple classes, I would vote "literally anything except Taguel jesus christ people think for a second")

Agreed, seriously. ANYTHING but Taguel. It's not just this vote though, this problem persists in every one of these threads, with almost always the character ending up in... their base class with no regard for the actual best, and many votes solely off aesthetics. Virion a Sniper? That's one of the worst classes in the whole game. Lon'qu as Swordmaster over Assassin? SM's have been gutted of the Crit bonus that made them unique and Sins have higher caps in all the important stats, plus ranged options. Assassin is always better than SM for any character with that choice. Don't expect any true ideal classes at the end of these polls.

This. A thousand times this. These polls are horrible. Sniper and Taguel are the two worst classes in the entire game. Trickster and Swordmaster are the next worst. And yet we're going to have a bunch of characters whose "ideal" class is miserably awful?

I'm voting Wyvern Lord and Assassin here, but it hardly matters. People are going to vote for terrible classes no matter what.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#34Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 3/26/2013 7:21:01 AM
Well, for those who are complaining, why don't you make a consensus on what you feel is the optimal class? I for one would like to know what you all think would be better for Virion.

(I also disagree with Panne as a Wyvern Lord, and feel that Assassin is better, but given that, a huge number of characters will be assassins. That said, my vote is for Taguel, as I do feel that with the Beaststone+, it's actually viable. Better than Assassin though? That's a difficult question.)
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#35Niteclaw1028Posted 3/26/2013 7:23:21 AM
Wyvern Lord and Assassin
---
"Pick a god and pray!" -- Frederick, FE:Awakening
Official Grand Master Flygon :: Water Elite Four of the Banzuke Wi-Fi League.
#36Col_MobiusPosted 3/26/2013 7:38:29 AM(edited)
Dark RPG Wizard 06 posted...
I for one would like to know what you all think would be better for Virion.

Virion has access to two of the best classes in the game: Wyvern Lord and Sage. They are automatically better than Sniper, which is a bad class. Also, with his +Spd modifier and no penalties to either Str or Mag, he's not even all that bad a choice for either of those classes.

(I also disagree with Panne as a Wyvern Lord, and feel that Assassin is better, but given that, a huge number of characters will be assassins. That said, my vote is for Taguel, as I do feel that with the Beaststone+, it's actually viable. Better than Assassin though? That's a difficult question.)

I'm not wedded to Panne as a WL. I like it mostly because she utterly dominates most of the early and mid game in that class line because of her insane growths. Either WL or Assassin is better than Taguel, though. It's the ONLY promoted class without access to a ranged attack. How incredibly silly.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#37FlyingDeCowPosted 3/26/2013 7:57:53 AM
Taguel, Assassin
---
When the Black Knight tossed Ragnell to Greil, it was actually meant as an attack. If Awakening is any indication, the proper way to use Ragnell is to throw it.
#38SwampertOwnsPosted 3/26/2013 7:59:16 AM
FlyingDeCow posted...
Taguel, Assassin

---
Truth is exclusive by nature, for if it accepts non-truth, it nulls itself and the very concept of truth. Absolute truth cannot 'coexist' or 'tolerate.' Fiat.
#39WilhuffTarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:35:55 AM
Loving the discussion. One of my primary reasons for starting this series was so that I would have some ideas on what I might do differently in my second playthrough of this game (working through FE4 for the first time right now) for class options.

I used Lon'qu as a Swordmaster on my first and didn't have any issues with it. But even though Swordmaster won the Lon'qu poll, I've been inspired by the points made in favor of Assassin to try him in that class next time. So for all of you feeling that the wrong classes are winning: fret not! Your ideas aren't falling on deaf ears.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#40WilhuffTarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:50:13 AM
Here's a votal update.

Panne:
Taguel: IIIII IIIII IIII
Wyvern Lord: IIIII II
Assassin: IIIII III

Gaius:
Assassin: IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIII
Trickster: I
Hero: I
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.