Rate the Skill, Chapter 35: Slow Burn and Lifetaker

#31Rideps1Posted 3/25/2013 11:35:57 PM
Slowburn is a D for sure. At first I thought it might be useful, just have to turn into a flee/creep strategy. Then I realized you can't possibly run that long, 15% isn't really much, and it goes away after that turn. Useless. Lucky 7s is muuuuch better.

Lifetaker is an A. Step up from Renewal, and 50% is nothing to sneeze at. Pair with Sol and Galeforce, maybe Aggression, and you've got yourself an unstoppable force.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#32IceDissolverPosted 3/25/2013 11:56:24 PM
Slow Burn: D.
Lifetaker: B.
#33SchlagerGeistPosted 3/26/2013 12:16:22 AM
Slow Burn: D

Lifetaker: B
#34Darkspawn980JPosted 3/26/2013 1:19:09 AM
first time in one of these threads, so take me with a grain of salt i guess? that said:

lifetaker: by itself it's a pretty meh skill, only works on your turn, and you can have clerics with the cure-all in range, however, with some tweaking it can be useful. classes with large movement and galeforce can use it especially well, by going in, killing a unit (or a weakened one) without regards for counter damage, then using galeforce to move just in the border of the range of another unit you can't kill in one turn.

next turn they're weakened, and you can kill it, heal and repeat.

i'll give it a B (high C) because it has good uses, but has pretty circumstancial uses.

---------

slow burn: E rank, either the difficulty's too low and you're steamrolling, or the difficulty's too high and enemies have hawkeye (or you beat the world in less than 15 turns) and even if the buff started at max level from the very first turn, it's still only 15 avoid and hit, you could just have renewal there to fix the damage of the extra hit you'd get.
---
Ghost Rider: The spirit of Vengeance...
"you... GUILTY! Burn your soul in your own sins! and Repent!"
#35Huff n puff 20Posted 3/26/2013 1:35:06 AM
B, D.

Lifetaker's Alright.
Slowburn is practically worthless.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#36guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:52:39 AM
bumptaker.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#37SazukeEXPosted 3/26/2013 8:54:47 AM
Rideps1 posted...
Slowburn is a D for sure. At first I thought it might be useful, just have to turn into a flee/creep strategy. Then I realized you can't possibly run that long, 15% isn't really much, and it goes away after that turn. Useless. Lucky 7s is muuuuch better.

Lifetaker is an A. Step up from Renewal, and 50% is nothing to sneeze at. Pair with Sol and Galeforce, maybe Aggression, and you've got yourself an unstoppable force.

You're saying that Lifetaker is decent when used with...

Renewal, Sol, and Gale Force.

You really should rate the skill on its own merit and on its own Lifetaker is completely horrid compared to Sol. If we start throwing other skills/weapons/ect in than the gap between Sol and Lifetaker is even greater.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#38Rideps1Posted 3/26/2013 10:11:35 AM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
Rideps1 posted...

You're saying that Lifetaker is decent when used with...

Renewal, Sol, and Gale Force.

You really should rate the skill on its own merit and on its own Lifetaker is completely horrid compared to Sol. If we start throwing other skills/weapons/ect in than the gap between Sol and Lifetaker is even greater.

That was an example. I use it on its own perfectly well. Nut then again, I don't toss my units into the middle of nowhere alone very often, like Sol junkies seem to. It and renewal are perfectly adequate for most of my units, and don't drop my chances of using Luna of Ignis, both of which I prefer over Sol.

Besides, if I were basing it entirely on that setup I would have rated it S. Invincible is invincible.

Edit: On top of that, Vantage was boosted almost entirely off of synergy. No one tried to tell them they were wrong, though.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#39spyke252Posted 3/26/2013 11:47:47 AM(edited)
Slow Burn: D. Lucky 7 is amazing because most maps *don't* take 7 turns, ergo Slow Burn sucks.

Lifetaker: B for great synergy with Galeforce, but Sol is better.

Also, you're still down a vote for special dance. I nominate it again this chapter, so it should be up to 4 (or even 5, I forget. But I seem to recall had you had it at the right number when we were voting over ignis and despoil, my vote for it SHOULD have made it have the same number as those two. I can go back and find individual posts tomorrow if that would help).

ETA: That's right; I'm voting based off synergy, it's how I've always done and makes more sense IMO. I'm being consistent about it though, and if a skill needs another skill to make it good, I also need to compare it with A) another skill combined with the requisite skill, and B) other possibilities for those two slots.
#40guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 12:08:12 PM
spyke252 posted...
Slow Burn: D. Lucky 7 is amazing because most maps *don't* take 7 turns, ergo Slow Burn sucks.

Lifetaker: B for great synergy with Galeforce, but Sol is better.

Also, you're still down a vote for special dance. I nominate it again this chapter, so it should be up to 4 (or even 5, I forget. But I seem to recall had you had it at the right number when we were voting over ignis and despoil, my vote for it SHOULD have made it have the same number as those two. I can go back and find individual posts tomorrow if that would help).

ETA: That's right; I'm voting based off synergy, it's how I've always done and makes more sense IMO. I'm being consistent about it though, and if a skill needs another skill to make it good, I also need to compare it with A) another skill combined with the requisite skill, and B) other possibilities for those two slots.

that would help, sorry to make you do that. and i will say this again, as long as you are not taking the characters from previous games into account, it's fine
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6