Why does this game give you so many characters?

#11I_Play_RSPosted 3/26/2013 1:45:46 AM
luigi4728 posted...
I_Play_RS posted...
Rideps1 posted...
Well spotpass and DLC are limited to having 20 of them, plus they can easily be not gotten until postgame so... That doesn't really count.

And the rest, you know, some people actually let them die? Or like variety?

...let them...die? Did you read this on the Internet or something?

i let my characters stay dead....

What is this craziness...
---
Runescape Name: 1colonel1
Go ahead and add me, I'll reply if you send me a PM.
#12Huff n puff 20Posted 3/26/2013 2:16:55 AM
BTW: There's 35 First Generation characters, 13 Children, 1 MU, 120 Spotpass Characters, and 17 DLC characters. For a grand total of 186 characters to be had on -any given run-. 188 if you count the opposite Gender MU and Morgan, although, you can only have 68 Units (35 First Gen, 13 Children, 1 MU, 20 Spotpass/DLC/Logbook) in your army at any given time. And that's not counting the fact that you can have more MUs! (Although, as a note, the Logbook can only hold 99 units.)

As a thought, the "Einherjar Card" should totally be an item in Smash 4. Summons a random FE character to assist in booting your opponent off the stage. Because there's only as many FE characters as there are Pokemon.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#13Master_GamerPosted 3/26/2013 2:24:07 AM
35? That's a lot even for Fire Emblem, isn't it? Could've sworn it was closer to around 20.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#14welkin_gPosted 3/26/2013 2:43:29 AM
Too few characters. I would rather there be more characters like in RD instead of support conversations that I'm just going to skip over.

Spotpass characters shouldn't even count as they have zero backstory other than the ones from their own games and literally nothing unique about them.
#15WolfJouninPosted 3/26/2013 3:15:50 AM
At least a majority of those characters carry over to other files via the logbook.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#16McFastlyPosted 3/26/2013 3:34:37 AM
Master_Gamer posted...
35? That's a lot even for Fire Emblem, isn't it? Could've sworn it was closer to around 20.

Radiant Dawn had somewhere near 73 playable characters.
---
"I, as it happens, am an archer! ....The archest of archers in fact."
The official Henry of all the boards
#17andodelPosted 3/26/2013 3:43:15 AM
Munchkinator posted...
There are >120 Spotpass characters alone, not counting paid DLC, Paralogue, and story characters.

I'm just saiyan'.

Personally I think it's amazing that we get SO much choice about exactly who we use from so many past FEs.

Ehhh, all they really did was take a generic unit model and give them a unique portrait and hair color similar to the person.
Not that I'm complaining. I love having Lyon, even if his model could have a lighter color of pink hair :P
---
3DS FC: 0774-4348-2965
Nnid: andodel
#18Master_GamerPosted 3/26/2013 4:09:37 AM
McFastly posted...
Master_Gamer posted...

Radiant Dawn had somewhere near 73 playable characters.

Well yeah, but that had its own complete cast's worth of characters and the vets from PoR, right. Then again, that game had quite a few, but there were like six or seven pre-premotes.

It is pretty crazy that there are forty-nine fully playable characters in the game without DLC/spotpass though, in retrospect. All with their own voices battle/conversation dialouge clips and like 8-10 supports on average, ignoring loners like Anna and Say'ri. Good job, IS.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#19welkin_gPosted 3/26/2013 4:28:49 AM
Master_Gamer posted...

It is pretty crazy that there are forty-nine fully playable characters in the game without DLC/spotpass though, in retrospect. All with their own voices battle/conversation dialouge clips and like 8-10 supports on average, ignoring loners like Anna and Say'ri. Good job, IS.

It's not crazy at all. It's ordinary. We are not IS's parents. We don't have to praise it for doing a perfectly ordinary thing.

Also I don't know where you got 35 first-gen units.
#20vermillion719Posted 3/26/2013 5:14:10 AM
welkin_g posted...
Master_Gamer posted...

It's not crazy at all. It's ordinary. We are not IS's parents. We don't have to praise it for doing a perfectly ordinary thing.

Also I don't know where you got 35 first-gen units.

I think a little praise for "almost every character can support each other and oh also all those support combos are unique" is acceptable. Especially given the closest we've had to universal supports in the past was lolRD.

Something doesn't have to exceed a completely different work to deserve praise. A little praise is alright when you improve upon yourself.
---
"Gregor can learn despoil, simply because thats what he does to about all the women in supports." - CarefreeDude