Are all FE villains usually this bad?(spoilers)

#21Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/26/2013 5:35:05 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
The other morale of the story is that Naga is the laziest benevolent deity figure in recent memory.

"Oh my, it looks like my evil half is trying to wake up and kill all the little man things. Perhaps I should manifest on the planet as some sort of giant building sized dragon thing that I can probably turn into since I'm a dragon just like him and go stop them?

Meh, I'd much rather lounge around on my rainbow mountain and browse Reddit.

I wonder if I should instead use my god powers to wake Tiki up so she can do something about it.

Nah, I'd much rather scope out that man's amazing beard-stache and wait for someone else to wake her up

Perhaps it would be swell for me to warn these mortals that their tactician secretly harbors the blood of the enemy?

Eh, they'll figure it out eventually.

Oh dear, it looks like Grima has been revived. Well that's fine, I can make a time portal so that Lucina can go back and fix her father's mistakes, meaning all my procrastination from earlier was totally okay in the end. I'm so glad that time travel let's me not do my job!

I wonder if I should close the portal now that Lucina and her friends are in it so the zombies don't follow her?

Or wait! I could go make popcorn instead! I love that stuff! I'm going to do that."

Stupid lazy time dragons >:(

She also has the time to play matchmaker for a half-Manakete and said Tactician's son, don't forget that. XD

Though most of it is the usual "even though I'm not really a god, I'm still not going to interfer except in a limited form when things are really dire,'cause that's what gods do," I don't believe she can take a physical form anymore, so that would leave out manifesting in more than a ghostly form and turning into a massive divine dragon.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#22SazukeEXPosted 3/26/2013 5:47:30 AM
Darkspawn980J posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Shadow_Master_J posted...
Aphoph posted...
Hejiru posted...
Usually FE villains have a tragic backstory or something that makes you understand them a little better.

No, not that much.

Izuka
The Senators aside from Hetzel
Jarod
Riev
Lundgren
Nacien
Judah
Reptor

They all go against what you wrote.

This. Nergal, Zephiel, Lehran, Hetzel, Black Knight, and Michalis were the only villains with good reasons. Also, I don't see any problems with megalomaniacs with a god complex, TC. Ashnard and Walhart are my faves because of that XD

Nergal had a good reason?

The guy was insane, he didn't even know why he was doing what he was doing anymore by FE7.

how he reached that point was his tragic backstory.

there's the story of the 4 fangs too i guess.

That doesn't change that little of his backstory is even given in the game and by the time of FE7 he has been insane for years and doesn't even know why he's doing what he's doing only that he wants to.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#23Jack_the_monke7Posted 3/26/2013 5:49:24 AM
Gangrel and Walhart are great villains, you just might need to read their avatar supports to piece together the whole story
#24OhHiRenanPosted 3/26/2013 7:00:06 AM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Aphoph posted...
Hejiru posted...
Usually FE villains have a tragic backstory or something that makes you understand them a little better.

Izuka
The Senators
Jarod
Riev
Ashnard
Lungdren
Nacien
Judah
Reptor

None of these guys had tragic backstories.

Exactly. I find this board very...hypocritical.

You don't need a tragic backstory to be a good villain. You just have to be well written. Almost all of the antagonists listed are well written, unlike Validar.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KxJQD.jpg
#25RPGamer15Posted 3/26/2013 8:47:15 AM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
Gangrel and Walhart are great villains, you just might need to read their avatar supports to piece together the whole story

If that's Gangrel's and Walhart's whole story that's really, really sad. But I guess that's what happens when you butcher a game up into several disparate acts.
#26Ari917Posted 3/26/2013 9:04:27 AM
SazukeEX posted...

That doesn't change that little of his backstory is even given in the game and by the time of FE7 he has been insane for years and doesn't even know why he's doing what he's doing only that he wants to.

Then to quote Westbrick: You have a problem with the way the backstory was told. It still doesn't remove the fact that he did have a tragic backstory that lead to his descent into madness.
#27bluerulerPosted 3/26/2013 9:13:55 AM
marthsheretoo posted...
No, they're usually much better. This game was a huge letdown in that area.

I'm guessing youre new to fire emblem....
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#28FwahmPosted 3/26/2013 9:28:13 AM
Radiant Dawn was also lackluster. The only villain I thought was done well was Jarod, the Part 1 boss.
#29AtzarPosted 3/26/2013 9:32:45 AM
I liked Walhart and thought he was a good villain stuck in a poorly-executed plot. Gangrel I didn't care much for even after his supports, and Validar was generic and uninteresting.
#30bluerulerPosted 3/26/2013 9:40:58 AM(edited)
@Fwahm
*Spoilers*

and sephrain and the black knight (he was riding on his fumes from the previous game though) and Oliver for scaring the hell out of me when moving towards rafiel
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues