Should I promote Lissa, even though she's Level 10?

#11RunesamuraiPosted 3/26/2013 5:29:00 AM
Spideyknight posted...
What's this madness you jokers are talking about? You second seal her at 10 to peg knight. Your goal is Dark Flier and Galeforce ASAP. Afterwards you do the sage stuff, Galeforce comes first. It's also much easier to do.

This. This so much.
#12sjk9000Posted 3/26/2013 6:32:28 AM
Runesamurai posted...
I don't think it matters too much what level you promote someone in this game since you're gonna be demoting and reclassing and maxing their stats out regardless.

Promoting at level 10 automatically bumps you up you up to internal level 21, which means less experience gained than if you reclassed or stayed level 10. For maximum efficiency, it's smart to spend your first 20 level unpromoted whenever possible.

It's not really a make-or-break decision, though, you're right.
#13Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 6:41:13 AM(edited)
sjk9000 posted...
Runesamurai posted...
I don't think it matters too much what level you promote someone in this game since you're gonna be demoting and reclassing and maxing their stats out regardless.

Promoting at level 10 automatically bumps you up you up to internal level 21, which means less experience gained than if you reclassed or stayed level 10. For maximum efficiency, it's smart to spend your first 20 level unpromoted whenever possible.

What about internal level 24? I assume my MU will be at Level 10, thanks to a reclass at level 13.
---
MirielxDark Mage MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.
#14RunesamuraiPosted 3/26/2013 7:12:00 AM
sjk9000 posted...
Runesamurai posted...

Ah I see the first part of what you mean. But how can it be wise to spend the first level 20 unpromoted when you don't gain EXP then? Are you referring to the select few classes that are able to go past level 20?
#15Darkspawn980JPosted 3/26/2013 7:24:08 AM
Runesamurai posted...
sjk9000 posted...
Runesamurai posted...

Ah I see the first part of what you mean. But how can it be wise to spend the first level 20 unpromoted when you don't gain EXP then? Are you referring to the select few classes that are able to go past level 20?

he means that once you have all the skills you want from pre-promotions, to level to 20 before promoting, because leveling from 10 to 20 pre-promoted is much easier than 1 to 10 promoted. and you're gonna do the second anyways, so why not get the extra level ups when pre-promoted?
---
Ghost Rider: The spirit of Vengeance...
"you... GUILTY! Burn your soul in your own sins! and Repent!"
#16Missing NumberPosted 3/26/2013 7:37:10 AM
I got 20 early courtesy of kneeding staves and setting up wall of D against one Edward and friends.

Not hard, even on lunatic
---
If I ain't gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself! ~ Busta Rhymes
#17SazukeEXPosted 3/26/2013 7:58:53 AM
sjk9000 posted...
Runesamurai posted...

The internal Levels stop raising at certain points depending on your difficulty.

So in Normal you're fine as your EXP gain will even out soon enough. Higher difficulties it becomes more of an issue due to more internal levels are stored.

Still, you'll level far quicker promoting them than boring Rescue Staving. Each to their own I guess.

Though if you have the DLC there's no reason not to promote earlier due to EXP map and Paragon.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#18Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:55:17 AM
Spideyknight posted...
What's this madness you jokers are talking about? You second seal her at 10 to peg knight. Your goal is Dark Flier and Galeforce ASAP. Afterwards you do the sage stuff, Galeforce comes first. It's also much easier to do.

I would have to spend a minimum of 25 levels at a strength based class (which Lissa is no good at), wielding a Bronze Lance for some if that (which are horrible) to get Galeforce.

Ye, Galeforce is useful, I'll give you that. But I'm not sure if it's worth all that effort (and cost) for one skill.
---
MirielxDark Mage MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.
#19Solar_CrimsonPosted 3/27/2013 4:05:26 AM
What I did:
Go the War Cleric route for Renewal > Go the Dark Flier route for Galeforce > Go the Sage route and stick with it

Thanks to that, my Lissa is a beast.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#20doshpashtaPosted 3/27/2013 4:09:22 AM
Spideyknight posted...

That's a fine idea and all, but if you're playing a mode like Lunatic, you just lost a valuable healer for a crappy Peg Knight.