Should I promote Lissa, even though she's Level 10?

#21MunchkinatorPosted 3/27/2013 5:23:10 AM
Gamecube_Gamer posted...
Spideyknight posted...
What's this madness you jokers are talking about? You second seal her at 10 to peg knight. Your goal is Dark Flier and Galeforce ASAP. Afterwards you do the sage stuff, Galeforce comes first. It's also much easier to do.

I would have to spend a minimum of 25 levels at a strength based class (which Lissa is no good at), wielding a Bronze Lance for some if that (which are horrible) to get Galeforce.

Ye, Galeforce is useful, I'll give you that. But I'm not sure if it's worth all that effort (and cost) for one skill.

Errr... what?

Dark Fliers can use Tomes, bruh. Yeah you have the 10 levels as a Pegasus Knight, which WILL suck, but Dark Fliers are right back to being magic users (with lances optional).
---
Another day, another unsuccessful genetic abomination!
#22Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:39:44 AM
Munchkinator posted...
Gamecube_Gamer posted...
Spideyknight posted...
What's this madness you jokers are talking about? You second seal her at 10 to peg knight. Your goal is Dark Flier and Galeforce ASAP. Afterwards you do the sage stuff, Galeforce comes first. It's also much easier to do.

I would have to spend a minimum of 25 levels at a strength based class (which Lissa is no good at), wielding a Bronze Lance for some if that (which are horrible) to get Galeforce.

Ye, Galeforce is useful, I'll give you that. But I'm not sure if it's worth all that effort (and cost) for one skill.

Errr... what?

Dark Fliers can use Tomes, bruh. Yeah you have the 10 levels as a Pegasus Knight, which WILL suck, but Dark Fliers are right back to being magic users (with lances optional).

At the time I posted it, I didn't know that. I learned after deciding to look up Dark Fliers.
---
MirielxDark Mage MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.
#23Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:42:56 AM
doshpashta posted...
Spideyknight posted...

That's a fine idea and all, but if you're playing a mode like Lunatic, you just lost a valuable healer for a crappy Peg Knight.

I'm on Hard/Classic. And there's always Libra to pick up the healing slack. Maribelle too, if I take some time to get her improved.

I won't have the +5 I get from Lifetouch, however.
---
MirielxDark Mage MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.
#24vyseskiesPosted 3/27/2013 6:47:41 AM
lower classes allows to grind faster, you'll be weaker at the beginning, but since the EXP is higher you''l get lvl 20 in no time and will be significantly stronger in comparison if had promoted at lvl 10.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#25silver123456789Posted 3/27/2013 6:49:50 AM
lissa is garbage for combat anyways. only needs to heal. it doesnt matter if u promote her or not.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#26Solar_CrimsonPosted 3/27/2013 7:15:48 AM
lissa is garbage for combat anyways. only needs to heal. it doesnt matter if u promote her or not.

Sage Lissa is a beast with magic.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#27sl4159Posted 3/27/2013 7:31:07 AM
Gamecube_Gamer posted...
Spideyknight posted...

But you're not only getting a Lissa with Galeforce; you're getting an Owain with Galeforce.
#28silver123456789Posted 3/27/2013 7:42:18 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...

not at all.. why would i put my defenseless healer in danger when healing is needed in an efficient playthrough. she may be able to do high damage but wont double much and shouldnt be near frontlines. best to just abuse physics with her, nothing more.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#29MephantomPosted 3/27/2013 7:51:10 AM
SazukeEX posted...
They're also far easier to level if they can attack.

You can spam rescue staves, which you can buy from spotpass teams. Leveling up healers shouldn't be a problem in this game.

I agree with the person that said second seal to Peg Knight and then Dark Flier. You want her to get Galeforce and get that out of the way.

If you promote as soon as possible, you'd have to reclass from Sage to Dark Flier, and then back to Sage afterwards since Dark Flier is not a good class to stay in.

That means gaining at least 9 levels as a promoted unit (Sage), or 14 levels if you to get Tomefaire sooner instead of waiting another 28 levels (reclass to Dark Flier, gain 14 levels, reclass to Sage again, another 14 levels to finally get Tomefaire).

Unless you don't want her to have Galeforce, then it's irrelevant.
#30Solar_CrimsonPosted 3/27/2013 8:41:27 AM
silver123456789 posted...
Solar_Crimson posted...

not at all.. why would i put my defenseless healer in danger when healing is needed in an efficient playthrough. she may be able to do high damage but wont double much and shouldnt be near frontlines. best to just abuse physics with her, nothing more.

My Lissa has no trouble doubling. Also, she has Galeforce, so she can easily kill an enemy, and then retreat and heal all in the same turn.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.