Should I promote Lissa, even though she's Level 10?

#31YOSHI475Posted 3/27/2013 9:01:36 AM
Spideyknight posted...
What's this madness you jokers are talking about? You second seal her at 10 to peg knight. Your goal is Dark Flier and Galeforce ASAP. Afterwards you do the sage stuff, Galeforce comes first. It's also much easier to do.

this is the plan i'm going with and it's working fairly well for me
#32Primum_MobilePosted 3/27/2013 9:02:15 AM
it's honestly a hard call. w/ basically infinite promotion, you really don't need to worry too much about promoting early. But it's still true that unpromoted get level faster than a promoted. But we are talking about 10 more levels in a healer class, where the only thing she can do is use staff....
actually i take that back. How do you calculate exp gain for staff again? does her level matters? can't seems to find a quick answer right now.

well, even in worse case scenario where the healer's level matters, i think the pro of being able to gain exp via battle outweighs the lower exp gain speed.
Beside, the earliest regular shop that sell rescue staff is ch. 12. Until then you have to rely on random merchant. Or have i overlooked a spotpass team?

as for getting galeforce, i also think the better option is to go to a promoted class first, use 2nd seal after level 10 (or 15), then go to dark flier directly. That way you are not stuck for 10 levels in a physical attack class.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#339MercyPosted 3/27/2013 9:08:16 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...

My Lissa has no trouble doubling. Also, she has Galeforce, so she can easily kill an enemy, and then retreat and heal all in the same turn.

That's probably because you ground her to the point of trivializing the game. It does't matter who you use at that point. On a grindless run she'll be worthless as a frontliner.
#34Primum_MobilePosted 3/27/2013 9:15:09 AM
my lissa, who i promoted to sage after level 10, also don't have too much trouble doubling. Sure, she isn't double everything like some of my characters are, but she is doubling a good number of them. (don't ask why she's already a sage, among other things...)

i am far more concern of doing 3 or less damage per hit, which doubling can't save.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#35SpideyknightPosted 3/27/2013 9:27:57 AM
No wonder Lunatic is hard for some people. Healers aren't "needed" in Lunatic, by the way, and both Libra, promoted Mariabelle, and Anna are more than sufficient to hook it up. You can either have 3 galeforce users asap or she can be useless and spam rescue tag while people suicide themselves into MU and Chrom.

I don't like the Suicide idea so I had 3 galeforce users by chapter 12. I then seek and destroy the map. It isn't difficult, and they are walls to anything not wielding a bow or wind magic.

Also, you might want to know the mechanics of a class before you retort, or you bash on it. Not knowing that Dark Fliers wield tomes as well as spears means you haven't even seen Galeforce before. Meaning you don't have near the experience I have. So calm down. Second seal and then Master seal is the best way to build Lissa, if you want to use her, and you should until you get better units.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#36silver123456789Posted 3/27/2013 10:17:15 AM
Spideyknight posted...
No wonder Lunatic is hard for some people. Healers aren't "needed" in Lunatic, by the way, and both Libra, promoted Mariabelle, and Anna are more than sufficient to hook it up. You can either have 3 galeforce users asap or she can be useless and spam rescue tag while people suicide themselves into MU and Chrom.

I don't like the Suicide idea so I had 3 galeforce users by chapter 12. I then seek and destroy the map. It isn't difficult, and they are walls to anything not wielding a bow or wind magic.

Also, you might want to know the mechanics of a class before you retort, or you bash on it. Not knowing that Dark Fliers wield tomes as well as spears means you haven't even seen Galeforce before. Meaning you don't have near the experience I have. So calm down. Second seal and then Master seal is the best way to build Lissa, if you want to use her, and you should until you get better units.

lol@sayin lunatic is hard for others when u grind to the max.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#37SpideyknightPosted 3/27/2013 12:29:34 PM
How is Galeforce by chapter 12 "grinding to the max"? Seriously? Man, you kids have no concept of grinding. I have 14 hours played. Yea I smash all the little guys that pop up on the map, I'm a completionist. Even if that took an hour or two that's hardly grinding to the max. I could grind twice that and not even notice. An hour of grinding and you kids are making it rain with tears. Calm down junior, it's ok if you're bad at rock, paper, scissors.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#38silver123456789Posted 3/27/2013 1:32:54 PM(edited)
lol keep grindin bud. do it in games cuz u cant get a grind in rl. gj

anyways, ur just being a noob. implying ppl are stupid if they find lunatic frustrating but u grind for galeforce. gj hahaha
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#39Muppet VaderPosted 3/27/2013 3:05:31 PM
I was testing out experience gains in normal mode and I found this:

Until you either use a Master Scroll or overtly hit level 20, your internal experience clock is on the unpromoted level.

Meaning, that until you hit level 10 in Pegasus Knight you're not suffering from the promotion levels. So,it's just as efficient to level up to 10 in Cleric, then 10 in Pegasus Knight then Master Seal into Dark Flier as it would be to say, level up to 20 as a Cleric then MS into Sage.

Personally, my Lissa is a Sage with Galeforce. Typically I'll kill off an enemy unit with her then either Rescue or Heal one of my units afterwards. It didn't take THAT much work make it happen, and if you pair her up well as a Pegasus Knight, her survivability doesn't diminish
(much).
---
"36: God of overlords"
#40silver123456789Posted 3/27/2013 3:23:08 PM
^guy above me is talkin about lunatic mode.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net