what do you think of my Brady?

#1finaleusPosted 3/26/2013 6:42:23 AM
His skills are Galeforce, Lifetaker (might replace with limit break later if I stock up on Aversa's Nights/Nosferatus), Luna, Tomefaire, and Agressor (might replace with limit break if I keep lifetaker)

I'm debating between sorcerer and sage. With sorcerer, he gets access to my favorite tome (Mire), and then all the other dark magics everyone loves (probably not aversa though due to no armsthrift), but I want to make MU a sorcerer, and I dont want them BOTH to have that **** default sorcerer sprite.

It's pitting armsthrift vs galeforce, really, so Brady might be the better sorcerer, but I can't decide. Not sure how good he is as sage, but yeah. Maybe I might just suck it up and go with both, ignoring the aesthetics (which are usually important, which is why I've kept characters I love in crappier jobs, like Owain)
#2SazukeEXPosted 3/26/2013 6:46:09 AM
Make him a Sorcerer.

Now you can drop Lifetaker for a better skill.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3ChromKirbyPosted 3/26/2013 6:47:48 AM
I don't think attack works with magic...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bkEtc2i4hY
#4WebbOMGPosted 3/26/2013 6:52:47 AM(edited)
Either do what Lurker said, or give him Galeforce + Lifetaker for healing and Luna / Vengeance as a damage proc.

OR do what I like to do:

Tomefaire
[Agressor]
Galeforce
Lifetaker
(filler) / [Limit Breaker]

Equip Mire and nuke 2 baddies per player phase. This build is all about using Mire and nothing else and factors in the fact that Mire cannot double or proc skills such as Sol / Luna / Ignis etc.
#5finaleus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 7:05:10 AM
WebbOMG posted...
Either do what Lurker said, or give him Galeforce + Lifetaker for healing and Luna / Vengeance as a damage proc.

OR do what I like to do:

Tomefaire
[Agressor]
Galeforce
Lifetaker
(filler) / [Limit Breaker]

Equip Mire and nuke 2 baddies per player phase. This build is all about using Mire and nothing else and factors in the fact that Mire cannot double or proc skills such as Sol / Luna / Ignis etc.

Despite using Mire and Ignis on my first playthrough quite often, I did not know Mire didn't activate skills. Thanks for that tip

but I kinda like to keep my Mire users able to attack enemies that get close up as well, though so maybe Luna can stay? Idk, the only other options I'd consider til Limit Break are Miracle and Resistance +10 (neither of which he'd benefit from as a mire spammer)
#6WebbOMGPosted 3/26/2013 7:40:45 AM
Although it is ideal, don't assume you'll never take damage as a Mire spammer. Otherwise Lifetaker would be pointless.

You could put either Armsthrift or a proc in the (filler) section if you wanted to. Might as well until we have [Limit Breaker].

Even if you have no proc though, you don't really need one with Waste, Ruin and Nosferatu.
#7guedesbrawlPosted 3/26/2013 8:56:44 AM
first, the guy who said agressor won't work with magic: it does. it's +10 attack, not strength.

also, give us his father so we can see what else he can potentially learn.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8WebbOMGPosted 3/26/2013 9:18:45 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
first, the guy who said agressor won't work with magic: it does. it's +10 attack, not strength.

also, give us his father so we can see what else he can potentially learn.

Yes, Agressor gives +10 mt, not Str or Mag.
#9RoyMaster4Posted 3/26/2013 9:31:10 AM
I made my Brady a Dark Knight with about the same skillset (Vengeance over Aggresor, though something will switch for Limit Break in the end). Too bad he doesn't have Armsthrift from my pairing...
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#10finaleus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:02:47 PM
I think Brady cant get armsthrift and sorcerer unless you marry MU with Maribelle anyway.

But I married her to henry.