The Ideal Class for This Unit Day 9: Cordelia and Gregor

#1WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/26/2013 4:00:31 PM
We're going to go through every playable character in the game to determine what class helps them best serve the team, starting with the parent generation, then the children's generation, and we'll close with the Avatar and Morgan. I'll basically be going in the order that characters are listed on the Fire Emblem Wiki page (http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem:_Awakening), excepting, again, Avatar and Morgan for last.

Vote for the 2nd Tier class that you think the units are best/most efficient as.
YOUR FINAL VOTE SHOULD BE FOR ONE CLASS AND ONE CLASS ONLY!

Some things you might consider when casting a vote (but you don't have to):
-Unit statistics.
-Skills that you want a unit to be able to pass down as a parent.
-Skills that you want a unit to be able to use effectively upon inheritance.
-How "necessary" it is for a given unit to be a certain class (i.e., if you feel that Class A has many representatives who fulfill the role of that class better than a unit in the discussion, perhaps you are inclined to have that unit be Class B instead).

Yesterday's result: Assassin cleans house for Gaius. Our most lopsided win for any class so far, to be sure. As for Panne, we had some considerable debate. Ultimately the Taguel class won, but there was strong support for both Wyvern Lord and Assassin as well.

TODAY'S UNITS: Cordelia and Gregor

Results:
-Chrom: Great Lord
-Lissa: Sage
-Frederick: Great Knight
-Sully: Paladin
-Virion: Sniper
-Stahl: Paladin
-Vaike: Berserker
-Miriel: Sorceror
-Sumia: Falcon Knight
-Kellam: General
-Donnel: Hero
-Lon'qu: Swordmaster
-Ricken: Sage
-Maribelle: Valkyrie
-Panne: Taguel
-Gaius: Assassin
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#2awesome105Posted 3/26/2013 4:02:09 PM
Falcon Knight and Hero.
#3Model_OmegaPosted 3/26/2013 4:07:04 PM
Cordelia: A tough one, can't decide between Falcon Knight and Hero, she's got a negative magic and resistance mod so Sorcerer and Dark Flier don't make sense, though you'll at least want Galeforce from DF.
In the end I guess I'll go with Hero, Cordelia works better with physical weapons with the mods she has, so Hero's higher skl and strength works better for her

Gregor: Berserker for maximum pwnage abilities, but grab Sol first.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#4SazukeEXPosted 3/26/2013 4:17:24 PM(edited)
When we get Iote's Shield I would say she fits fine as a Falcon Knight.

Having Armsthrift, Sol, and Gale Force easily makes her the next best First Generation Character after MU who is behind FeMU as the most broken First Generation Character. So making her a mobile flying death machine is very nice.

Gregor is obviously Hero. Than again, Hero is the go to end choice for a lot of characters due to its caps and sword and axe usage.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#5LurkerkillerPosted 3/26/2013 4:18:13 PM
Both Heros.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#6WilhuffTarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:23:23 PM
Up
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#7GokotsuPosted 3/26/2013 5:25:37 PM
Hmm as much as I like both Hero and Falcon Knight for Cordelia, I am going to have to give the edge to Falcon knight just for personal preferences. As for Gregor, I think Hero his best bet. *shrug*
---
PSN,Steam, RE.NET, LoL IGN: Gokotsu
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem:Awakening, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#8Is_CorruptedPosted 3/26/2013 6:31:25 PM
Cordelia: Hero. Grab Galeforce from DF, Sol from Hero paired with Relief makes a solid skillset. I haven't had much use for FK in this game, aside from dealing with other fliers in the boat or tree levels, but she can still deal with them as Hero, just let them come to you.

Gregor: Hero. He has good skill gains from his other classes, but Hero is the only one giving him two weapon types, and while Berserker's caps look really good, being locked to axes with no reaver weapons seems like a big no to me, especially when you're missing out on all the nice sword bonuses: +5 speed from Balmung, +5 res from Tyrfing and all that stuff. The +5def from axes seem minimal in comparison, especially since Hero can still get it.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#9JapantiesPosted 3/26/2013 6:44:40 PM
Cordelia: Hero
Gregor: Warrior

Really, Gregor can do both Hero or Warrior effectively, but I feel like he brings more as a Warrior since Cordelia pretty much out-classes him as a Hero.
---
Because normal panties just aren't good enough
#10TehTrumpCardPosted 3/26/2013 6:47:20 PM
Wyvern Lord and Hero
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/a8cjh32
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard