Why are Kjelle and Severa such *****es?

#11RDS1Posted 3/26/2013 4:51:08 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
I'm still not sure what to make of Kjelle. She's suppose to be a product of growing up in a post-apocalyptic world, but the others are no were near as single-minded as she is on getting stronger.

I get the feeling that "getting stronger" is just, like, her hobby. Like, in Cynthia's downtime, she's happiest trying to come up with dramatic entrances and introductory quips. In Frederick's downtime, he's happiest just going around the camp, taking inventory, clearing out gravel, putting up nude posters of Chrom, and setting fires. Maybe Kjelle just wants to get stronger because it makes her happy.

That's not really an excuse for looking down on people who don't share her hobby, though.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#12HonzouPosted 3/26/2013 4:52:38 PM
According to MU x Kjelle non-parent support the reason she is who she is because she has lost comrades and family in her timeline, and the only thing that has not failed her is her strength and armor.

That's why she is so singleminded, and tends to treat some of the "weaker" looking comrades in a mean way at first.

Severa as Eggs stated, has an inferiority complex due to her being compared to her mother all the time.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#13MegaSlimePosted 3/26/2013 4:55:21 PM
I dunno... I liked Severa yelling at Morgan because she is trying to get her memory back by bashing her head into her tomes.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#14Capitan_KidPosted 3/26/2013 4:57:30 PM
Severa and Kjelle don't act so mean towards each other. Severa especially likes what she sees
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#15TaiphlosionPosted 3/26/2013 5:00:22 PM
what's the problem with kjelle? I never used her. I know severa is tsundere, what kjelle does that is mean?
#16SupremeZeroPosted 3/26/2013 5:08:23 PM
what's the problem with kjelle? I never used her. I know severa is tsundere, what kjelle does that is mean?

She basically doesn't consider anyone (other than Lucina, really) to be worth a damn, due to what Honzou said above.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#17Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/26/2013 5:09:03 PM
Kjelle has a tendency to look down on people she thinks are weaker than her. While I understand that her experiences would make being and getting stronger important to her, that's no excuse for being mean to "weaker" people.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#18RDS1Posted 3/26/2013 5:15:32 PM
SupremeZero posted...

She basically doesn't consider anyone (other than Lucina, really) to be worth a damn, due to what Honzou said above.

She says she's fine with Chrom, too.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#19HonzouPosted 3/26/2013 5:19:58 PM
It's not being mean to people, it's just Kjelle's way to cope. Outside of Lucina, and/or Severa she just doesn't feel ready to open her heart to those she sees as "likely to die" cause she doesn't want to mourn anyone she would consider close to her.

Just like how Gerome is cold towards his parents at first.

Most of the kids simply have different coping mechanisms. Not everyone can be like Inigo, Lucina, or Cynthia.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#20legendriderPosted 3/26/2013 5:21:40 PM
All the kids have a way they cope with the apocalyptic future they come from.
It's a way they deal with things (along with maybe there own personal/family issues)
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196