Rate the Skill, Chapter 36: Hex and Anathema

#11Smash MasterPosted 3/26/2013 8:46:22 PM
D and B.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#12typhone004Posted 3/26/2013 8:50:55 PM
D for Hex. Not a big bonus or a large area of effect.
B for Anathema. Very underrated skill. Can be fantastic if you have other units built around getting critical hits.

Nominate magic +2
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#13Huff n puff 20Posted 3/26/2013 8:53:07 PM
Depends on the usage.
These skills are possibly A-rank if used for a unit dedicated to being a partner in a Pair Up.

Outside of that, they're filler. B it is. For both.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#14AtzarPosted 3/26/2013 9:30:23 PM
Hex - D

-15 avoid for adjacent enemies. Effectively this gives a +15 hit to the hexer in up-close battles. There are some situations where you could potentially put your hexer in the middle of multiple enemies, thus giving allies the boost as well, but overall this skill isn't especially helpful for a class that will probably be attacking from range as often as not.

Anathema - B

Very good skill, and seems to be underused judging by the skillsets assembled here. Making potentially several enemies susceptible to criticals from even ordinary weapons is very helpful. Anathema can be a key piece of some pretty scary combos, especially for Henry who also has access to Wrath.
#15Blingya25Posted 3/26/2013 9:55:00 PM
Hex - C
Anathema - C

IF I had to use one, Hex would be better IMO. Even though you have to be in their face, most of the time, your Sorc/Dark Knight can handle it, obviously Dark Mage isn't going to last, but it is still doable.

I'm pretty sure both of them stack up so in the end, as "just other skills I have that I don't have any other skills" this is a good skill.
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)
#16CyanideParadoxPosted 3/26/2013 10:06:25 PM
Both get C.

Decent, but horribly outclassed by other skills that provide more meaningful benefits. Enemies don't usually have too much of a threat in terms of avoid anyways.
#17luxapolloPosted 3/26/2013 10:27:18 PM(edited)
Hex C, Anathema B

More crit + area effect for self and supporting others makes Anathema a B in my books. If Sniper's Hit +20 is C, Hex is a C at best. What's stopping me from giving it a D is the fact that your other units can also benefit from Hex if fighting close together.

---
"Yeah, sure, you're cool! Whatever..." -Ness' Mom
#18S1ppy_cupPosted 3/26/2013 10:36:59 PM
Anethma's -10 Critical Evade is a very nice skill to have on a unit who's role is to Sol Katticlysm or Ruinate (Vengeance+Wrath+Vantage). B

Hex... Seems like a waste of a slot to me, still has its perks though. C
#19rikusora50Posted 3/26/2013 11:12:14 PM
Oh, I saw what you did.
Greenglow lookin' ass

C for Hex
B for Anathema

Hex is alright, but Anathema is a pretty sweet skill that all my Crit builds are just lovin'!
---
When pointing a gun at Kevin Mask's head, don't count to 3, count to 10. That way, you get to live 7 seconds longer.-smithkakarot
#20mr_kennedy44Posted 3/27/2013 12:43:03 AM
Hex: C

Anathema: B
---
"A HIND D!?" - Solid Snake
<.< <.< <.<