EXP question.

#1DriftedOffPosted 3/26/2013 11:36:37 PM
So I've decided to go through the following classes with Nowi:

Manakete -> Dark Knight -> Manakete

I'm currently at Dark Knight, and the exp required to level each time is huge. I think I know the reason why...but I'm still not sure...

Anyway, if I switch back to Manakete after Dark Knight, will the exp still be really hard to grind off? I'm currently grinding in the EXPonential Growth DLC and it stopped helping, once Nowi accessed the Dark Knight.
#2WebbOMGPosted 3/26/2013 11:48:00 PM(edited)
EXPonential Growth is crap after you reclass once or twice.

Special classes like Manakete (Lv 30 classes) get exp as if they were un-promoted classes.

Also, every time you promote or re-class you add to that character's internal level. The higher your internal level the lower your exp gained.

You will never gain exp at the same rate you did before re-classing.
#3DriftedOff(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:49:24 PM
Ah. That's how I thought it was.

So then, what's the best way to grind at this point? I'm at Ch.15 right now.
#4WebbOMGPosted 3/27/2013 12:05:38 AM(edited)
If you have it, complete the Bloodlines 3 dlc asap. You are given a Paragon skill scroll each time you beat that map. Paragon doubles all exp gains.

Grinding Golden Gaffe is a fine way to grind as it yields decent growth while also fattening you coffers.

The ULTIMATE way to grind, once you are strong enough, is to pair a single unit up with Chrom in Bloodlines 3 (the map that gives the Paragon scroll). This map has 50 enemy units and zero allies to steal exp.

At capped internal levels you will gain a minimum of 8 exp per kill. 8 exp x 50 = 400 = 4 guaranteed levels.

Paragon takes +4 guaranteed level ups and makes it 8 guaranteed level ups.

EDIT: Since you are only at Ch 15, I'd recommend continuing with the story.

Also, abuse Spot Pass maps and solo them with a single pair of units for exp and renown grinding.
#5DriftedOff(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 12:00:49 AM
How strong are these enemies in this Bloodlines DLC? Should I be at Ch25 before I even attempt it?
#6WebbOMGPosted 3/27/2013 12:03:50 AM
Probably.

The character ratings of these 50 baddies generally fall somewhere between 100-150. Some are in the 80s, some the 170s.