Is there a reason why Yarne...

#1TehTrumpCardPosted 3/27/2013 4:34:33 PM
Can't access the Wyvern Rider classes?

I didn't teach Panne Lancebreaker (because I don't use Panne) and thought I'd just run through Griffon Lord but it's just not there.

Or are the Wyvern Rider classes not available to Gregor!Yarne?

If that's the case, that's really, really stupid...
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/a8cjh32
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#2jonnovision1Posted 3/27/2013 4:37:07 PM
for some reason Panne passes it on as barbarian or something even though it's not a gender-restricted class. Yarne can only get Wyvern rider if his father has it.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#3WebbOMGPosted 3/27/2013 4:38:45 PM(edited)
For some reason Panne's Wyvern tree turns into the Barbarian tree for Yarne.

Makes no sense to me considering that Kjelle gets a 4th tree (Knight) for free tacked onto her moms original 3. I don't see why the devs didnt do the same for Yarne.
#4jonnovision1Posted 3/27/2013 4:38:37 PM
WebbOMG posted...
Makes no sense to me considering that Kjelle gets a 4th tree (Knight) for free tacked onto her moms original 3. I don't see why the secs didnt do the same for Yarne.

I'm not seeing the similarity in those two cases...
---
#5WebbOMGPosted 3/27/2013 4:42:10 PM(edited)
You're not thinking hard enough then. Or maybe you're thinking too hard.

Panne naturally gets Taguel, Thief and Wyvern trees.
Yarne naturally gets Taguel, Thief and Barbarian trees.

Sully naturally gets Cavalier, Myrmidon and Wyvern trees.
Kjelle naturally gets Cavalier, Myrmidon, Wyvern AND Knight trees.
#6lordlugia_rocksPosted 3/27/2013 4:41:35 PM
Well there's some theories that Panne wasn't originally supposed to have wyvern knight and instead it was Pegasus Knight which would explain the Barbarian class. Maybe they just forgot to change it.
---
Official Shiftry of the B/W Boards! Grass type fanatic and proud of it! Lilligant and Shiftry ftw!
Pokemon Black FC: 2709-1474-4073
#7jonnovision1Posted 3/27/2013 4:43:44 PM
WebbOMG posted...
You're not thinking hard enough then. Or maybe you're thinking too hard.

Panne naturally gets Taguel, Thief and Wyvern trees.
Yarne naturally gets Taguel, Thief and Barbarian trees.

Sully naturally gets Cavalier, Myrmidon and Wyvern trees.
Kjelle naturally gets Cavalier, Myrmidon, Wyvern AND Knight trees.

right, and? what's your point? Kjelle gets Knight because that's her default class, same reason Owain has myrmidon or Inigo has mercenary and so on, where's the comparison to Yarne.
---
#8Model_OmegaPosted 3/27/2013 4:44:39 PM
I think at one point Yarne was supposed to be the first Taguel you get and Panne would be her daughter, thus Barbarian->Wyvern Knight
I guess that after they decided on females being the determining for children that idea was swapped but they did nothing about the conversion.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#9WebbOMGPosted 3/27/2013 4:46:34 PM
The kids you listed didn't get a new class. They got a class that their mother passed down to them as their default class.

Yarne gets a random unrelated class and for some reason is the only kid that has to give up something for it. In every other case the only time this happens is if the parent class is gender specific and the child is of the opposite gender.
#10WebbOMGPosted 3/27/2013 4:48:57 PM
Basically there is no reason for the Wyvern class to be lost in translation. This is the only instance period where a none gender specific class is lost from parent to child.