I really hate how the "choice" at the end of the game is handled. (spoilers)

#1CarefreeDudePosted 3/27/2013 10:00:04 PM(edited)
So the big decision:

Sacrifice yourself, and kill grima for good
Spare yourself, but grima will be back in 1000 years.

before having to make this choice though, the game pretty much screams at you that you are going to live either way. The endings are almost identical.

IMO, the sacrifice option should have actually sacrificed your MU. Hell, you still could have even had paired endings, where the spouse of the MU continued on to fullfill his/her legacy and raise his/her child. Actually if the MU is female, it should have an ending where the MU's child is never born, and the father stays with the child that came back from the past.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#2CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:59:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3SazukeEXPosted 3/27/2013 10:01:25 PM
Well, there's different dialogue and you don't get a nice family talk if you do the correct thing.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4Ari917Posted 3/27/2013 10:08:04 PM(edited)
Yeah, the game gives you no good reason to do it since they pretty much throw it in your face that you're coming back to life.

Unfortunately, that's really seems to be par the course with choices in this game since none of them have a strong impact on the story. They really should've changed some things around so that you felt more gravity towards your actions.
#5RDS1Posted 3/27/2013 10:06:06 PM
I would've loved it if my sacrifice also kept Morgan (M) from being born.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#6SazukeEXPosted 3/27/2013 10:10:43 PM
RDS1 posted...
I would've loved it if my sacrifice also kept Morgan (M) from being born.

Impossible as Morgan is from an alternate future thus the requirements of his existence already were met before he was pulled from his peaceful timeline to your screwed up one.
---
#7RDS1Posted 3/27/2013 10:12:14 PM
I can dream! STOP KILLING MY DREAMS!
---
#8CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:12:40 PM
based on the time travel in this game, any children that exist in the past will continue to exist. however if say, MU were killed, the current timeline would never have his children.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#9RDS1Posted 3/27/2013 10:15:11 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo
---
#10SazukeEXPosted 3/27/2013 10:16:36 PM
CarefreeDude posted...
based on the time travel in this game, any children that exist in the past will continue to exist. however if say, MU were killed, the current timeline would never have his children.

Which wont effect the time traveling children at all, just that they won't have a little version of them running around.
---