How often do fire emblem games come out?

#1skyfy9Posted 3/28/2013 12:38:57 PM
Dont get me wrong, loving the paralogues and dlc, I'm just curious when the next installment is coming out. What is it like a 2-3 year kinda deal?
#2SupremeZeroPosted 3/28/2013 12:42:51 PM(edited)
... this isn't Call of Duty. There IS no set schedule. It's done when it's done. It's varied from 1 year to 4 years at times.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#3skyfy9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 12:42:36 PM
I understand that, I'm not asking for a schedule, I'm just curious what the average is.
#4sjk9000Posted 3/28/2013 12:44:13 PM
There were about two years or so between past games, yeah, if you count remakes. Awakening is the first original game in like 5 years. They're probably hoping the DLC stuff will increase the longevity of the game, so it might be longer than 2-3 years for the next one.

Right now they're working on a crossover game between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei.
#5skyfy9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 12:45:40 PM
Shin megami tesei?
#6Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/28/2013 12:45:51 PM
Roughly 2-3 years. The GBA titles came out about a year apart from each other, and it was less than one year between Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance in both Japan and North America.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#7SupremeZeroPosted 3/28/2013 12:46:24 PM
The power of google compels you.

... actually, the power of "where were you at the end of the PS2 era" compels you, everyone should have at least heard of Persona 4.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#8SolotheHawkPosted 3/28/2013 12:48:34 PM
SupremeZero posted...

... actually, the power of "where were you at the end of the PS2 era" compels you, everyone should have at least heard of Persona 4.

I'm pretty much in love with the SMT: Persona games so I can't wait for that crossover.
#9Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/28/2013 12:51:50 PM
SolotheHawk posted...

I'm pretty much in love with the SMT: Persona games so I can't wait for that crossover.

You may be disappointed, unless you also like the mainline Shin Megami Tensei games. Though it's still too early to be certain. Only characters from the main SMT games (I-IV, SMT:If, possibly Strange Journey) were shown in the teaser trailer. Of course, it's possible it will include multiple Megami Tensei sub-series, such as Persona, Devil Survivor, and the Devil Summoner games.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#10Shadow_Master_JPosted 3/28/2013 12:52:55 PM
SolotheHawk posted...
SupremeZero posted...

I don't think it will be Persona-like. I think it will follow the original series or with Devil Survivor (since both are SRPGs).
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!