How often do fire emblem games come out?

#11Blingya25Posted 3/28/2013 12:54:59 PM
Well, knowing Nintendo, they tend to do what games they feel like doing and feel like releasing when they feel like it to.

xD lol

If they want to make another Fire Emblem game for the 3DS or Wii U (excluding Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem) they make it without any form of "formalities".

If they wanted to make Metroid/Earthbound/Star Fox/ Donkey Kong/ F-Zero/Yoshi's Island they just do it without any form of scheduling.

Hell, I was surprised this Fire Emblem even came to the NA, but here we are, playing it like it's going to be the last Fire Emblem... HAHAHAHAhahahahaha... hahaha....

:(
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)
#12sjk9000Posted 3/28/2013 12:56:39 PM
skyfy9 posted...
Shin megami tesei?

It's another Japanese RPG franchise. Pretty good games. I'm honestly not sure how a crossover between them and FE is suppose to work, but I'm really interested in finding out.

SupremeZero posted...
The power of google compels you.

... actually, the power of "where were you at the end of the PS2 era" compels you, everyone should have at least heard of Persona 4.

Persona 4 and Fire Emblem have a lot of fanbase crossover, but if they're new to Fire Emblem, I guess it isn't too surprising they haven't heard of SMT.
#13jonnovision1Posted 3/28/2013 1:07:52 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
SolotheHawk posted...

I'm pretty much in love with the SMT: Persona games so I can't wait for that crossover.

You may be disappointed, unless you also like the mainline Shin Megami Tensei games. Though it's still too early to be certain. Only characters from the main SMT games (I-IV, SMT:If, possibly Strange Journey) were shown in the teaser trailer. Of course, it's possible it will include multiple Megami Tensei sub-series, such as Persona, Devil Survivor, and the Devil Summoner games.

don't know about Devil Summoner, but Persona and Devil Survivor aren't actual sub-series, they don't have the "Shin Megami Tensei" title in Japan, it's just added in localizations.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#14Strawberry_EggsPosted 3/28/2013 1:21:20 PM(edited)
Granted, I don't know how official it is, but the various Megmi Tensei series - the original Famicom titles, Shin Megami Tensei, Majin Tensei, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Persona, Devil Children, etc. - are generally accepted to be part of a massive metaseries. They share similar themes, have the same or similar demons across them, same magic, same or similar gameplay mechanics, and similar plot points.

That's why I avoid calling the franchise as a whole the "Shin Megami Tensei" series as it is not a single series and only a few of them originally had the SMT name. I know full well the SMT title was added to various games for convenience and recognition. The games tend to belong to their own series, but it is a branch, or sub-series, of the MegaTen metaseries.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#15Jack_the_monke7Posted 3/28/2013 1:42:05 PM

^Those are in Japan (since some don't have a western release). So it started off being every two years, then spaced out Thracia at the end of the 90's, then went into a frenzy of yearly releases in the 2000's, then started to slow down recently as we got to the 2010's. SMT x FE is the next "Fire Emblem game" and that'll be 2014 at the latest I would guess. Hopefully 2014 or 2015 will give us a new pure Fire Emblem game.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#16fatty_yaPosted 3/28/2013 2:19:08 PM
Sorry to go off topic for a bit...

You guys old enough to remember SNES' Actraiser and Soul Blazer?

That company made about five games that all basically play differently and with different titles, but they are all considered as one loosely tied together series due to the main theme (creationism and humanity) and a couple recurring characters.

Many would consider these games to be in the same "series":

-Actraiser
-Actraiser 2
-Soul Blazer
-Illusion of Gaia
-Terranigma

Games do not have to share the same title or subtitle to be in a series.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 3909-8142-0974 wheel 9300-9700VR
Animal Crossing Wii FC: 1805-5749-4471 mooz @ DK MTN (that's DK[space]MTN)
#17HonzouPosted 3/28/2013 2:54:46 PM
In a twisted way I'll enjoy the tears of the people who buy SMT x FE and hopefully none of the Persona 3-4 chars appear.

But in any case, "persona" do get representatives in the form of SMT ...If characters since they come from the game that originates the Persona series.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board