A little thing i've discovered about support points and seeds of trust

#1CarefreeDudePosted 3/28/2013 6:44:25 PM
In my poorly executed research, i've discovered something about support levels:

In order to gain support levels, you need to meet two criteria

Support points gained
Maps fought together

It doesn't matter how many support points you have. If you have not fought enough maps together, you will not be able to gain a support level. And no matter how many maps you fight together, you will never gain a support level unless you have enough support points.

For most pairs, it seems like the total support points needed per level are around 10. And the total number of maps fought together is 2. I honestly suspect the number is the same for every pair, but I would need to start a new file to test for sure.

Now, I'm trying to figure out if support points are cumulative between support levels. For example, if you gain 100 support points in a map with no current support level, could you just fight maps together and get to S rank? (personally I doubt this is it).

Anyways, one thing I've found for sure though... Seeds of trust do NOT give support points. they just increase the "maps fought together" counter. So if you just used 10 seeds of trust, but didn't battle at all, you will NOT be able to increase a support level. And yes, I actually did try with 10 seeds of trust. Well I honestly tried with 15 seeds of trust. Thank god for item duplication.

So, if I am correct about supports gaps being the same between every pair, then that means seeds of trust are WORTHLESS, unless you have two of them to use. Or unless you are trying to get Chrom to plant his seeds in olivia.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#2PKRockin531Posted 3/28/2013 6:54:41 PM
Item duplication exists in this game?
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#3CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:00:08 PM
More or less, yes.
---
#4NewbieN00bPosted 3/28/2013 7:00:10 PM
He may have used the streetpass your own MU trick, which is kinda item duplication.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#5CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:05:14 PM
A variation of the streetpass yourself thing... if you do it properly, you can make an endless chain of your streetpass self appear without the cooldown period.

Well I don't want to say endless. It normally stops after you've done it 4 to 6 times.
---
#6killernomnoms1Posted 3/28/2013 7:08:22 PM
How do you duplicate?
---
Keep wanting your morning dew. Your my pizza man(2x) I like spastic golden toys keep wanting your morning dew.
This huge pizza's made with cheese and broccoli.
#7Huff n puff 20Posted 3/28/2013 7:11:42 PM
CarefreeDude posted...
A variation of the streetpass yourself thing... if you do it properly, you can make an endless chain of your streetpass self appear without the cooldown period.

Well I don't want to say endless. It normally stops after you've done it 4 to 6 times.

Explain.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#8CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:18:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:19:11 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
CarefreeDude posted...

Explain.

say please
---
#10killernomnoms1Posted 3/28/2013 7:20:24 PM
CarefreeDude posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
CarefreeDude posted...

Explain.

say please

Pretty Please ...Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
---
Keep wanting your morning dew. Your my pizza man(2x) I like spastic golden toys keep wanting your morning dew.
This huge pizza's made with cheese and broccoli.