A little thing i've discovered about support points and seeds of trust

#31CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 8:29:06 PM
Its possible the number of "support points" gained from battling together needed is very low.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#32CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 9:22:16 PM
I'll play with this more on saturday. I gotta get to bed because i'm waking up early tomorrow to soak naked in some hot springs
---
#33DemiseEndPosted 3/28/2013 9:29:14 PM
It is VERY low

MU x Tiki

For Sp 1 - 2 battle
For Sp 2 - 2 battle
For Sp 3 - 3 battle(assumption)

heres my latest support attempt

Sp 1: 2 battle with one relationship tile
Sp 2: 1 battle, no tile, Seed
Sp 3: 2 Battle, Seed

The battle in question are against Spot Pass Edward
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#34EnfusionistPosted 3/28/2013 9:42:39 PM
I haven't thoroughly read all the posts, but I was under the impression that the Supports worked as follows:

-Firstly, you must gain support points, which can come from battles with enemies, seeds, shiny spots, etc.

-Once you reached a certain number of support points, you reach a "max" for that current support level, sort of like as if you were filling a gauge meter to "full".

-After reaching the "max", you must complete one battle against any enemy while paired up. This battle will then unlock the support conversation.

-Once the support conversation is read/occurs, the gauge is reset to 0 and you must refill the gauge to the next "max".

I don't know if this method has already been said, but my support for this method is due to the fact that I can usually unlock the next support conversation through only using one enemy encounter as long as I entered enough shiny spots beforehand.
#35perfectchaos83Posted 3/28/2013 9:53:56 PM
It doesn't matter how many support points you have. If you have not fought enough maps together, you will not be able to gain a support level. And no matter how many maps you fight together, you will never gain a support level unless you have enough support points.

This makes sense. I remember grinding in LB3 and not being able to support afterwards despite seemingly getting a hell ton of support points. To that I just assumed Skipped enemy movement phase caused it. But Maps fought makes sense.
---
Mia FTW!!!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5674/miad.jpg
#36Darkspawn980JPosted 3/28/2013 9:58:17 PM
Something i've noticed too, is that pair up might not give the same amount of support points as standing next to each other, or it may be that like in fe7, some pair ups require more points than others. This tested in the map where you start in a 5x5 room with one entrance (cant check map name atm) i had 5 units doing support for the first time, but only the pair up got a chat.

Not tested extensively at all though
---
Ghost Rider: The spirit of Vengeance...
"you... GUILTY! Burn your soul in your own sins! and Repent!"
#37Huff n puff 20Posted 3/28/2013 9:59:47 PM
A little Input... if a Character dies in Casual Mode, they do not get credit for "Battle Fought" .
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#38LukannonPosted 3/28/2013 10:26:03 PM
I...would like to note that I have definitely gotten C supports between characters I've not used solely from Barracks conversations.

That doesn't necessarily mean there is no map threshold (it could just be that C supports have a map threshold of 0) but I am doubtful. I haven't gotten B/A supports (or tried through Seed abuse) though.
#39CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:36:04 PM
Lukannon posted...
I...would like to note that I have definitely gotten C supports between characters I've not used solely from Barracks conversations.

That doesn't necessarily mean there is no map threshold (it could just be that C supports have a map threshold of 0) but I am doubtful. I haven't gotten B/A supports (or tried through Seed abuse) though.

barracks likely act like shiny spots. shiny spots give both level point and support points.

also i cant sleep. bleh
---
#40CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:31:13 PM
oh, it also turns out characters dont have to gain support points for the map counter to increase
---