Rate the Skill, Chapter 38: Miracle and Healtouch

#11typhone004Posted 3/28/2013 9:11:22 PM(edited)
Miracle: A- It really helps vantage combos, but is useful even without it. Too many times have I had to restart because I didn't see that one enemy was in range or missed seeing one small detail that causes a unit to die. Having a skill that makes silly mistakes not make me restart an entire map is very nice.

Healtouch: C- The bonus is small. It has a noticeable effect on fortify because the +5 hp is multiplied by the number or units it affects, but there are very few times that healing an extra 5 hp would save a unit.

Nominate defense +2.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#12AtzarPosted 3/28/2013 9:27:31 PM
Both D's.

Healtouch is actually decent in the early game, but that's balanced by the fact that it's completely useless later.

With Miracle, the best-case scenario is that you never need it. That tells you all you need to know about it. And if you DO need it, it's unreliable. No thanks.
#13Huff n puff 20Posted 3/28/2013 10:09:11 PM
Miracle: A.
Stafffaire, err.. Healtouch rather: B. Faire is Faire.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#14Huff n puff 20Posted 3/28/2013 10:10:14 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...

Healtouch I only see as useful for the Goddess Staff since it doesn't fully heal everyone but affects everyone.

Goddess heals 99 to all in range.
You're thinking Fortify, which is the same as a Heal Staff to all in range.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#15LukannonPosted 3/28/2013 10:14:18 PM
Miracle - B:
Occasionally comes in really handy, I wouldn't make it a priority skill because it's both imprecise and outclassed but when you have it around it is really nice.

Healtouch - B:
Early-game utility is legit and that's not something you can say about almost any other skill.
#16ellis123Posted 3/28/2013 10:22:24 PM
Miracle: B. Nifty and somewhat useful, but rather unnecessary outside of gimmicky skill choices. Still a very strong ability with some nice utility.

Healtouch: D. After you have the ability to choose what your characters have this is basically the first/second thing to remove. Even before you can, however, it's only relevant until you hit 15 Mag, which is pretty fast for anyone that can learn Healtouch.
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#17KitsuKitsuPosted 3/28/2013 10:38:31 PM
Miracle: D
Healtouch: C

Miracle is situational, and only helps you if you're a tactical idiot who needs luck to win. Even then it's based off chance. And when you're at 1 HP? Someone else comes and touches you and you fall over and die.

Healtouch is useful during the early game when your healers have low mag, but becomes useless later when your healers stack mag. C for being at least useful at one point in the game.

Nominate Luna.
#18KevinCCPosted 3/28/2013 10:59:23 PM
A and A.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#19RedMageKirbyPosted 3/28/2013 11:17:18 PM
B for Miracle, C for Healtouch.

Healing feels the weakest it's ever been in this game, imo. I played through pretty much the whole story on hard with minimal grinding and no healer, using concoctions instead. Couple that with all the healing skills, and Healtouch doesn't really stand up that well.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#20guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 5:42:39 AM
Kalanyr posted...
guedesbrawl posted...

surely you didn't read the last part of the Op2...but thank you for the clarification

No I didn't sorry. I noticed Mariabelle was wrong straight away, since I second classed her about an hour ago. and then saw Emmeryn, listed as starting with Cleric skills and was trying to work out what happened.

(I'm pretty sure the idea with Emmeryn was too effectively give her the benefits of having Mage in her class set, the only thing she doesn't get is Dark Knight access. Although at least one other Spotpasss Character is odd: Yen'fay is a blade master but none of his other base classes use swords, only one of his other promotions do. He seems like he would have made more sense with Thief and Mercenary as his other 2 classes. )

WOW, i finally noticed.

in the OP, right at the beggining, i mentioned that i forgot about this class and was doing the Troubadour's skills, right?
well...damn.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6