Just picked up this game; I'm new to Fire Emblem.

#1TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 3/29/2013 1:11:46 PM
Topic. I just got this game, and I'm new to the series, so I wanted to hear what you guys had to say, if there were any tips you could give me and such.

BTW although I'm not so good at strategy RPGs, I'm not planning to play on a beginners difficulty. I'm not a fan of the "permadeath" system, but I'm not planning on having that happen! I'm muscling through this game!
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
#2fireemblemomegaPosted 3/29/2013 1:12:34 PM
Support support support...
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.
#3luigi4728Posted 3/29/2013 1:17:40 PM
use the pair up feature
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5864250 < click for real sig
#4Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/29/2013 1:21:34 PM
TaijutsuJoshua posted...
Topic. I just got this game, and I'm new to the series, so I wanted to hear what you guys had to say, if there were any tips you could give me and such.

BTW although I'm not so good at strategy RPGs, I'm not planning to play on a beginners difficulty. I'm not a fan of the "permadeath" system, but I'm not planning on having that happen! I'm muscling through this game!

You can always select Casual mode if you'd prefer to keep your units.

Here's some general advice:
- Your Avatar character is very good. They earn experience especially quickly with the pair-up system factored in.
- Chrom is also very good. You'll want to make sure he earns plenty of experience early in the game.
- Hard mode isn't particularly hard (especially if you select Casual mode.) Normal mode is a little easier than most Normal modes in previous FE games.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#5king_darksPosted 3/29/2013 1:24:48 PM
You're going to get your ass kicked if you decide to go hard, classic or any higher setting. I highly recommend hard,casual or lower to help you get adjusted to the game. However if you're hellbent on playing classic and normal is to easy for you then I can give some advice.

1. Never have your units fight alone. The enemy is to numerous and hit to hard and can swarm individual units pretty fast.

2.Don't rely to much on the greatknight/ frederick. He gains exp slower then everybody else and will harm your team growth in the long run. Use him but don't funnel all the exp to him.

3.Treat healers like fine glass. They're essential to every chapter.

4.Assmble a small team of units. You're only going to bring along atmost 12 units in alot of chapters. So doing this will help you get along nicely. However optional content will be hard to get through this method.

5. See who can support who. It good having a team whete everybody benefits from everybody.

6. Look at enemy equipment to see their stuff and their stats. It may save you alot of frustration.

7. Most importantly. HEED THE WARNING ABOUT REINFORCEMENTS!
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#6SalogyPosted 3/29/2013 1:42:43 PM
There are sometimes enemies with unique portraits that you can recruit. Don't kill them, you only get one chapter to recruit these types of units so be careful.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#7TaijutsuJoshua(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 2:10:40 PM
Thanks for all the tips, guys!
I'm playing on Normal/Classic.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558