Okay, I now want to play all of the other Fire Emblem games I missed. Help?

#1SAMCROftwPosted 3/30/2013 1:21:09 PM
I played...

Fire Emblem GBA
Sacred Stones
Path of Radiance
Awakening

I need to play the others, but I've heard that Shadow Dragon is a remake, and the others are all in Japanese. Is there any way I can play those games in english?
#2doshpashtaPosted 3/30/2013 1:22:53 PM
You can obtain ROM files for the older games, which have fan translation patches released. The legal way to do this would be to purchase a copy of an older game and extract the ROM yourself, applying the patch to the resulting file.
#3SAMCROftw(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:32:34 PM
doshpashta posted...
You can obtain ROM files for the older games, which have fan translation patches released. The legal way to do this would be to purchase a copy of an older game and extract the ROM yourself, applying the patch to the resulting file.

Purhcasing them would be no problem. There is this place near me called eStarland that carries all of those titles. I just don't know anything about extracting the ROM though...
#4doshpashtaPosted 3/30/2013 1:34:31 PM
SAMCROftw posted...
doshpashta posted...

Purhcasing them would be no problem. There is this place near me called eStarland that carries all of those titles. I just don't know anything about extracting the ROM though...

You could also obtain the ROM online, but be aware that this is considered piracy.
#5MarioLinkGenofaPosted 3/30/2013 1:39:00 PM
Not if you actually own the copy. :P
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#6blassterPosted 3/30/2013 1:42:37 PM
FE Wiki and Sereneforest have complete list of all the illegal stuff that you can use to play FE1 - FE12.

I blame them for turning me into such pirater!
---
Anticipating: Ace Attorney 5.
Playing: DeSu OC, FE Waifu Awakening, FE PoR & RD.
#7KevinCCPosted 3/30/2013 2:20:41 PM
AFAIK, it's considered piracy even if you -do- own a copy of the game. I don't know where that rumor started, but it should be quashed.

However, things are incredibly murky for games not released in a specific region... there's the desire to play them AND understand what's going on, but nothing official exists. I'd call it a gray area.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#8WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/30/2013 2:27:24 PM
Aside from Shadow Dragon and the Japanese-only games, looks like you're missing Radiant Dawn, the sequel to Path of Radiance. Radiant Dawn is an excellent game in my opinion, although many people were lukewarm toward it.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#9Storm101Posted 3/30/2013 2:27:48 PM
I don't see anything morally wrong with just downloading them. And lol if you would actually get prosecuted for it.
#10The Fir CoatPosted 3/30/2013 2:31:43 PM
If Nintendo wanted your money, they should have released those games in English. "Acquire" a "copy" and the translation patch for the games, using google and SF respectively. Don't even think about trying to play FE4 on a cartridge unless you want the pants bored off of you.

Also, FE11 and FE12 are a lot more playable than FE1 and FE3.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!