The Ideal Class for This Unit Day 13: Henry and Say'ri

#1WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/30/2013 4:00:08 PM
We're going to go through every playable character in the game to determine what class helps them best serve the team, starting with the parent generation, then the children's generation, and we'll close with the Avatar and Morgan. I'll basically be going in the order that characters are listed on the Fire Emblem Wiki page (http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem:_Awakening), excepting, again, Avatar and Morgan for last.

Vote for the 2nd Tier class that you think the units are best/most efficient as.
YOUR FINAL VOTE SHOULD BE FOR ONE CLASS AND ONE CLASS ONLY!

Some things you might consider when casting a vote (but you don't have to):
-Unit statistics.
-Skills that you want a unit to be able to pass down as a parent.
-Skills that you want a unit to be able to use effectively upon inheritance.
-How "necessary" it is for a given unit to be a certain class (i.e., if you feel that Class A has many representatives who fulfill the role of that class better than a unit in the discussion, perhaps you are inclined to have that unit be Class B instead).

Yesterday's result: A very easy victory for Wyvern Lord for Cherche. The lone dissenting vote was for Bride, that vote coming from President_Marth who called for the raising of an army of Brides. Dancer was voted the ideal class for Olivia to the chagrin of some. Personally, I'm cool with Olivia as a Dancer because I think Dancers, although sometimes a pain in the ass to guard, usually end up being well worth that trouble considering that they allow units to move twice. The main reason people picked Dancer for her seemed to be that she's the only one you can get in that class. Those users who voted for other classes noted that they felt that even though she's the only Dancer you get, she really isn't that necessary in that role (which I can agree with: my Olivia died pretty early and I did just fine for the rest of the game). Due to the relatively small map sizes, it's true that she doesn't have utility as valuable in this game as Dancers do in other games, so I have no problem with that frame of mind. Most people who didn't vote for Dancer voted for Assassin, noting the strong caps.

TODAY'S UNITS: Henry and Say'ri

Results:
-Chrom: Great Lord
-Lissa: Sage
-Frederick: Great Knight
-Sully: Paladin
-Virion: Sniper
-Stahl: Paladin
-Vaike: Berserker
-Miriel: Sorceror
-Sumia: Falcon Knight
-Kellam: General
-Donnel: Hero
-Lon'qu: Swordmaster
-Ricken: Sage
-Maribelle: Valkyrie
-Panne: Taguel
-Gaius: Assassin
-Cordelia: Falcon Knight
-Gregor: Hero
-Nowi: Manakete
-Libra: Sage
-Tharja: Sorceror
-Anna: Trickster
-Olivia: Dancer
-Cherche: Wyvern Lord
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#2heavylobsterguyPosted 3/30/2013 4:12:18 PM(edited)
Hennry should be a Sorcerer for Nosferatu shenanigans.

Say'ri should be an Assassin because lol Swordmaster class.

EDIT: Say'ri can actually become the most mobile healer out of the gen 1 units as a Falco Knight with Deliverer. My vote is still Assassin, but this is something to consider.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#3GalladetheGreatPosted 3/30/2013 4:06:38 PM
Sorceror

Assassin AFTER picking up SM skills
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#4pafbonkPosted 3/30/2013 4:07:10 PM
heavylobsterguy posted...

That, and Swordsmaster Say'ri is pretty good for me.
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#5TacoWhalesPosted 3/30/2013 4:21:19 PM
pafbonk posted...
heavylobsterguy posted...

That, and Swordsmaster Say'ri is pretty good for me.

This
---
http://i.imgur.com/RePPS.png - D4rk You are awesome for making this :)
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7mvt9rpiT1rosovg.gif
#6Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 3/30/2013 4:22:33 PM(edited)
Sorcerer and...we've hit the point of "characters who don't get supports", so I'm going to make a silly vote.

Falcon Knight. She's a physical offensive character, but she gets Deliverer AND Falcon Knight, which makes her quite mobile.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#7WilhuffTarkin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:23:03 PM
Up
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#8TehTrumpCardPosted 3/30/2013 5:27:14 PM
Henry: Sorceror

Say'ri: Swordmaster so she can always have a piece of Yen'fay (Amatsu) with her.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/a8cjh32
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#9GokotsuPosted 3/30/2013 5:37:22 PM(edited)
Henry - I think it's a no brainer to make him a sorcerer. Sorcerer in general is a powerful class.

Say'ri - I'll probably go with Swordmaster out of personal affection but I think as it was stated earlier, an honorable mention to her as a Falcon Knight with Deliverer makes her a very mobile unit. If you factor in galeforce, ideally she can traverse 20 tiles in one turn.
---
PSN,Steam, RE.NET, LoL IGN: Gokotsu
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem:Awakening, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#10Niteclaw1028Posted 3/30/2013 5:38:01 PM
Sorcerer and Assassin
---
"Pick a god and pray!" -- Frederick, FE:Awakening
Official Grand Master Flygon :: Water Elite Four of the Banzuke Wi-Fi League.