Throughout all of the Fire Emblem games, which strategy do you use the most?

#1MonadoMasterPosted 3/31/2013 4:56:35 AM
Not just Awakening, but all previous Fire Emblems too.

Do you: Slowly move up in a large group all bunched together?

Do you: Send stronger units out first with weaker units behind, killstealing and helping to weaken the monsters?

Do you: Use the 'Come at me bro' strategy?

Or do you use one of the many strategies not listed here? If you do, can you please specify?

Personally the first one works best for me. Charging ahead has killed me too many times in the past.
#2DemiseEndPosted 3/31/2013 4:58:42 AM
Depending on the game

In FE7, its usually the Stay together mixed with some splitting up
For FE1, i usually solo a specific part of the map with 1 - 2 character
In FE12, i completely always stay together, and i used the "come at me bro" strategy a bit more
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3weegee753Posted 3/31/2013 5:03:42 AM
In this game, I pair the weak ones with the strong ones and hide in the safety of forts/woods, if there are forts/woods.

In others where you can't pair up, I just move them together.
---
Bloop.
#4123pizza2Posted 3/31/2013 5:10:08 AM
On rout the enemy missions, I establish a defensive position until the first "wave" hits me and then I start moving each of my units to an optimal position to attack, and "break" formation. So I combine 3 and a charge technique i suppose.
---
I am on the quest for teh mighty Cheese Puff! Join me! Number of people who wish to quest with me:42 We have a Castle! We are at the pinnacle of our strength!
#5Zio_DynePosted 3/31/2013 5:15:48 AM
Pincer formation: converge!
#6HodouPosted 3/31/2013 5:44:49 AM
I'm a big fan of the tried and true "three-layer" formation -- tanks on the outside, archers and mages just behind them, and then less defensive melee units (myrms, lords, thieves) in the back/center. Usually with overpowered units or fliers dashing around them to lessen the impact.

This works wonderfully in Hard and below of FE7 through 12. It -does not work at all- in Awakening. I agonized over finding a new strategy for a while.
#7McFastlyPosted 3/31/2013 5:47:07 AM
Which one is the bum rush option?
---
"I, as it happens, am an archer! ....The archest of archers in fact."
The official Henry of all the boards
#8almostexactlyPosted 3/31/2013 5:49:46 AM
*Carefully inch forward with formations of strongest def people in front, squishes in back for the entire game.

*Find the Est character.
*Lose all sense and expend a ridiculous amount of resources to super power the Est character to 20/20.

*Feel as if it wasn't worth it. Vow not to do it again.

*Nino sucks.
#9smifypzPosted 3/31/2013 6:25:04 AM
weegee753 posted...
In this game, I pair the weak ones with the strong ones and hide in the safety of forts/woods, if there are forts/woods.

In others where you can't pair up, I just move them together.

I pretty much do exactly this
But I almost always send Frederick up first so I can kill steal with my weaker characters.
That's the only problem with playing on casual, you have so many characters that it's hard to choose who to level up.
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195 Steam:nj3195
Official Feraligatr of the Pokemon X board
#10guedesbrawlPosted 3/31/2013 6:30:39 AM
my favorite one is unequipping a OP character and see enemies slowly dying from my other units while they still are attacking the OP bait. pity the ai works differently on this one; friday or so i think i can post my strategy
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6