Rate the Skill, Paralogue 5: Veteran and Ignis

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/31/2013 6:45:50 PM
Paralogue Time! Pity this one will be, like, the last interesting one for a while.

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)!A
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)!S
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)!
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)!B
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)
*Swordbreaker (Wyvern Lord,Lv15)
*Deliverer (Griffon Rider,Lv5)
*Renewal ( War Cleric/Monk,Lv15)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)
*Rally Strength (Warrior,Lv5)
*Counter (Warrior,Lv15)
*Wrath (Berserker,Lv5)
*Axefaire (Berserker,Lv15)
*Lancebreaker (Griffon Rider,Lv15)
*Bowbreaker (Bow Knight,Lv15)
*Lifetaker (Dark Knight,Lv15)
*Anathema (Dark Mage,Lv10)
*Vengeance ( Sorcerer,Lv5)
*Tomebreaker (Sorcerer,Lv15)
*Miracle(Cleric/Priest,Lv1)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)!B
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv10)
*Despoil (Barbarian,Lv1)!
*Gamble (Barbarian,Lv10)
*Strength +2 (Wyvern Rider,Lv1)
*Quick Burn (Wyvern Lord,Lv5)
*Hit Rate +20 (Sniper,Lv5)
*Bowfaire (Sniper,Lv15)
*Magic +2 (Mage,Lv1)
*Focus (Mage,Lv10)
*Hex (Dark Mage,Lv1)
*Healtouch (Cleric/Priest,Lv1)
*Resistance +2 (Troubadour,Lv1)
*Demoiselle (Troubadour,Lv10)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)
*Tantivity (Wyvern Rider,Lv10)
*Skill +2 (Archer,Lv1)
*Prescience (Archer,Lv10)
*Rally Skill (Bow Knight,Lv5)
*Slow Burn (Dark Knight,Lv5)
*Rally Luck ( War Cleric/Monk,Lv5)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 6:46:55 PM(edited)
-Nominations-

Special Dance: 9/10
Relief: 9/10
Rally Spectrum: 2/10
Strength +2: 4/10
Defense +2: 2/10
Magic +2: 2/10
Rally Movement: 2/10
Rightful King: 1/10
Luna: 1/10

Paralogue & Nomination Rules:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65755412
-------------------
Characters that start with Veteran and can learn Ignis: Avatar, Morgan (born from Chrom, Olivia, Lucina or Walhart).

Characters that can learn Veteran and Ignis: Morgan (born from any other person).

Characters that can inherit the skills and class required: Lucina (Avatar), Cynthia (Avatar), Owain, Inigo, Kjelle, Brady, Severa, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Noire, Nah.
-------------------

Well, I'm not doing a copy-paste work this time, so everything is fresh here.

Veteran multiplies the user's Experience points gained when Pair Up is involved by 1,5. It works regardless of the unit's role (Lead or Support).

Unless you are doing a self-imposed run, you WILL be using pair up. It's a very good thing to do, and this gives you a very good bonus when doing it.

The most important use of this little guy is to make the Avatar very strong during the earlygame. The earlygame is brutal in harder difficulties, making this skill a necessity there, ensuring a S rank.

My guess is that, thanks to all that internal level BS going on, we'd need a way to make use of the avatar's massive reclassing options without turning this into Disgaea, so we got this skill. Paragon is better, but not as accessible, thanks to it's difficulty (midgame) and price. Does anybody know if they stack? That'd be sick.

Ignis is an offensive proc skill. Whenever it activates (it's chance of doing so is Skill%, it will add half of your unused offensive stat to your total damage.

In other words, if it activates when you are using a Weapon, you will get a bonus equal to half of your Magic stat; while the same happens with Tomes and Magical Weapons, but it uses Strength instead.

This will add a nice damage (with Limit Break, we will have a bonus from, approximately, 22 to 30), and is very reliable. What hurts it, is that not many classes have the growths and caps to make the best use of this skill. But, I'm buffing my vote from B to A rank, where I now think it should stay.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3LurkerkillerPosted 3/31/2013 6:56:50 PM
A for Veteran
S for Ignis

I'm sticking with what I said about Veteran. It's amazing without a doubt, but it's only got its uses till you get the skills you want.

If you are someone who has to have every single skill then yes, this is easily an S rank ability, but if not, you honestly won't go through that many classes and will max out on stats fairly quick either way.

While ignis suffers from a character needing good growths in both magic and strength to make use of it you need to think about this. Who are going to be able to actually learn this skill? MU and his kids. MU has great growths and because of that he passes his growths somewhat down to his kids. They aren't going to have a huge problem with making use of it.

Ignis also doesn't worry about an enemies defense which plays a much larger role later on, it pretty much is just a straight added damage unlike skills like Astra which are highly affected by an enemies defense/resist.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#4heavylobsterguyPosted 3/31/2013 6:58:02 PM
Veteran is still an S since it lets the Avatar become strong enough to solo the game. It even stacks with Paragon for triple experience.

Ignis gets a B since I find Luna and Sol more worthwhile skills that work for any class, not just hybrids.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#5GoldenPower89Posted 3/31/2013 6:59:17 PM
I agree with that.
Veteren A
Ignis S
---
"We can't trust the Sword of a Thousand Truths to a noob!"
#6AtzarPosted 3/31/2013 7:01:33 PM
heavylobsterguy posted...
Veteran is still an S since it lets the Avatar become strong enough to solo the game. It even stacks with Paragon for triple experience.

Ignis gets a B since I find Luna and Sol more worthwhile skills that work for any class, not just hybrids.

I'd prefer to put Ignis in the low A range rather than in with the B's, but I do agree with the reasoning.

Agree with S on Veteran.
#7PKRockin531Posted 3/31/2013 7:21:51 PM
I don't see how getting MU to level 20 by Chapter 4 doesn't net Veteran an S rank. Veteran basically plays the game for you.

Dunno what to say about Ignis. Right now, it's just a solid +15 damage as a Sorc for MU and Morgan, and Limit Breaker would push that up to +20, so it's probably deserving of an A rank. It is competing with something like Sol in terms of priority, so that's a downside I guess?
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#8KevinCCPosted 3/31/2013 7:24:56 PM
Veteran, B. Robin has -so- many other useful skills and isn't always Paired Up.
Ignis, S. High Magic plus High Strength equals High Damage without a secondary requirement (as in Vengeance or Luna).
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#9NidtendofreakPosted 3/31/2013 7:26:34 PM(edited)
S/A

Nothing to change, people thinking Veteran needs to move are silly. It's the reason he breaks Lunatic.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#10typhone004Posted 3/31/2013 7:26:42 PM
Veteran: A- It makes an already broken unit even more powerful. The pair up requirement is easy to meet as you should probably be paired up anyway.
Ignis: B- It's a decent bonus with a decent activation rate, but MU has access to better attacking skills and ignis will just get in the way.
Nominate defense+2
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.