The ideal parent, Day 8 Redux, Severa, Stahl versus Lon'Qu

#1SorrySleepingPosted 4/1/2013 9:36:56 AM
We have some may topics about stuff, but I've yet to see one gameplay-wise about parents. So let's vote!

Rules:
-MU can NOT be a Parent, since he/she is the single best parent for every child.
-Parents aren't limited. A single parent can be the best option for multiple kids.
-SazukeEX and PK_Gaming aren't allowed to quote each other.

Day 1 - Lucina - Olivia
Runner up: Sumia
Day 2 - Owain - Henry
Runner up: Vaike
Day 3 - Inigo - Chrom
Runner up: Virion
Day 4 - Brady - Henry
Runner up: Ricken
Day 5 - Laurent - Ricken
Runner up: Gregor
Day 6 - Kjelle - Donnel
Runner up: Gaius
Day 7 - Cynthia - Henry
Runner up: Chrom

Mother - Cordelia
Potential Fathers
MaMU (Banned), Fredrick, Virion, Stahl, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Ricken, Gaius, Donnel, Gregor, Libra, Henry.

I didn't realize how much love there was for Stahl!Severa. Stahl was the huge winner last match, and will be pitted versus Lon'Qu, the father everyone craves.

Personal vote: Stahl. I just love this average guy more than the average man should. Imo, makes better use for Dark Fliers caps, seeing as I /hate/ sub40 stats for a maxed offensive number.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#2ZabuzadonoPosted 4/1/2013 9:47:06 AM(edited)
Lon'Qu - +6 Speed
Stahl - +3 Speed

Both give access to Myrmidon.
Lon'Qu gives access to the Wyvern Rider tree for the 2 breakers Severa is missing & Thief tree for Movement +1 and Lethality.
Stahl gives access to Luna, Aegis and Archer/Sniper classes.

Lon'Qu wins IMHO.

Frederick vs Lon'Qu is closer IMO, because Frederick at least passes on both Pavise + Aegis along with the 2 missing Breakers. Winner would still be Lon'Qu because of Myrmidon class, though...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#3SazukeEXPosted 4/1/2013 9:49:16 AM
That depends what you're building.

If you want a durable tanky Sorcerer than Frederick wins out and he makes a better Hero for Severa too as Lon'qu doesn't give Aegis or Pavise.

Though if you want a Vengeance Sorcerer than Stahl and Lon'qu are better choices as they give Vantage.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4Cheesepower5Posted 4/1/2013 9:53:58 AM
Stahl gives her everything she'll ever need as a physical unit, whereas Lon'qu makes her an easy set-up for Arnsthrift Aversa's Night (although there are far better ones.) (Only breakers she'll ever need are Axe and Bow, since there is no Tome Triangle and Hero, Paladin and all of Severa's other good classes have WTC except for Falcon Knight and Dark Flier.) Stahl also gives her Aegis, which >> Tome Breaker.

Meh, there's lots of Sorcerers without her. I'd take a below average Sorcerer/Dark Flier but an above average Hero over an average Sorcerer/DarkFlier/Hero.

So my vote goes to Stahl.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#5KitoariPosted 4/1/2013 10:02:07 AM
Zabuzadono posted...
Lon'Qu - +6 Speed
Stahl - +3 Speed

Both give access to Myrmidon.
Lon'Qu gives access to the Wyvern Rider tree for the 2 breakers Severa is missing & Thief tree for Movement +1 and Lethality.
Stahl gives access to Luna, Aegis and Archer/Sniper classes.

Lon'Qu wins IMHO.

Frederick vs Lon'Qu is closer IMO, because Frederick at least passes on both Pavise + Aegis along with the 2 missing Breakers. Winner would still be Lon'Qu because of Myrmidon class, though...

At least Stahl gives noticeably better STR and DEF caps. At caps it won't make much a difference as far as doubling goes (rallies, pair up, etc) but the extra STR will mean +6 damage on a double and 3 less damage from all the attacks.

My vote goes to Stahl.
#6KantonosoPosted 4/1/2013 10:04:29 AM
I still say Kellam, but if I have to pick one of these two, I pick Stahl for the reasons already given.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#7SazukeEXPosted 4/1/2013 10:08:24 AM
If it's just between these two than...

Hero Severa would be better off with Stahl as a Father.

Sorcerer Severa would love Lon'qu far more.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#8tw1g_007Posted 4/1/2013 10:53:05 AM
I have pretty much beaten this topic to death already with Webb. Lon'qu ! severa as a sorcerer or dark flier easily outclasses physical severa!stahl by a long margin. Physical severa!stahl can't quadruple at range as a hero even with slightly better STR growth. Provided this isn't possible it will continue to lose damage potential at range compared to lon'qu build.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#9MegaSlimePosted 4/1/2013 11:26:33 AM
So... If I want Severa to just beast as a Hero and not care about magic, I should go with Stahl?
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#10Cheesepower5Posted 4/1/2013 11:30:06 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
I have pretty much beaten this topic to death already with Webb. Lon'qu ! severa as a sorcerer or dark flier easily outclasses physical severa!stahl by a long margin. Physical severa!stahl can't quadruple at range as a hero even with slightly better STR growth. Provided this isn't possible it will continue to lose damage potential at range compared to lon'qu build.

If you're using her as a magical unit, why not Ricken? As the Stahl!Severa topic proved, +3 Spd as a Dark Pegasus is enough to double everything (even Anna, albeit with lots of boosting.) It also fixes that growth rate, meaning grinding won't be as excessive.

+1 Str, +2 Mag, +3 Skl, +3 Spd, +1 Lck, +0 Def and +0 Res, which means for 1 Str, 3 Skl and 3 Spd you get 2 Mag, 1 Lck, 1 Def and 2 Res. Along with Tomefaire, that's 28 extra damage with Celica's Gale. As Luna has a higher activation rate than Astra, the Skl won't be a problem. It's also less risky with Counter Risen and a bulkier set.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board