Which Fire Emblem out of 4-13 is the most overrated?

#41cymbalinaPosted 4/2/2013 2:32:23 PM
Google_Chrom posted...
It's a tie between FE7 and FE13 for me, but FE7 got my vote in the end.

People claim that it's story is magnificent and the characters are great, and while it's clear that the story was put together much better than FE13's, that doesn't mean it was great, at least to me. And really, the only thing that made Nergal remotely interesting as a villian was the implied fact that he was Ninian and Nils' father. Other than that, I could care less about him.

This. And really, FE13 is the new shiny thing. Give it some time-- people are already acknowledging what a steaming mess the plot to FE13 is. Yet people are still banging on about FE7 as though everything before it is irrelevant and every thing after it failed to meet its high standards. Even the raging FE4 fanboys seem to have either moved on or acknowledged that the game has a lot of problems. The FE7 partisans haven't gotten there yet.
#42bluerulerPosted 4/2/2013 2:32:51 PM
FlyingDeCow posted...
Model_Omega posted...
Anyway, FE7 by far, the praise that game gets almost sickens me, it's a great game but it's not OMGWTF10/10 every other FE sucks compared to dis!!! and the only reason is that it's probably the first FE people played.

Can anyone link me to a FE7 fan saying something similar to this? I haven't personally seen anyone claiming FE7 is "teh best game evarr", so I'm inclined to think that people are overstating the amount of fanboy worship. On this board I see more contempt for FE7 than praise lately.

Its mostly the after taste of westbrick
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#43FlyingDeCowPosted 4/2/2013 2:42:58 PM
blueruler posted...
FlyingDeCow posted...
Model_Omega posted...
Anyway, FE7 by far, the praise that game gets almost sickens me, it's a great game but it's not OMGWTF10/10 every other FE sucks compared to dis!!! and the only reason is that it's probably the first FE people played.

Can anyone link me to a FE7 fan saying something similar to this? I haven't personally seen anyone claiming FE7 is "teh best game evarr", so I'm inclined to think that people are overstating the amount of fanboy worship. On this board I see more contempt for FE7 than praise lately.

Its mostly the after taste of westbrick

Dang it, Westbrick.
---
When the Black Knight tossed Ragnell to Greil, it was actually meant as an attack. If Awakening is any indication, the proper way to use Ragnell is to throw it.
#44HejiruPosted 4/2/2013 3:14:45 PM
FE7, hands down. It is a good game, but it's ridiculous how much people worship it around here.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#45WolfJouninPosted 4/2/2013 3:29:53 PM
I'm not gonna pick the new Shadow Dragon, because by default it is overrated no matter what it is rated, so picking it would be senseless... thus I go with FE7. Great game, but it isn't really better than any other FE than Shadow Dragon really.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.