Any tips for Chapter 14?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 4/1/2013 1:09:50 PM
I'm having such a difficult time completing this chapter. Most of the armored units on the enemy sides are one shotting my own units. I figured since the mission objective was to take out the commander I would send my flying units over there but they do little to no damage to him.

Is there any specific characters you recommend recruiting for this chapter?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:23:14 PM
Bump
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#3Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 4/1/2013 1:34:40 PM
Mages.
Lots of Mages and armor piercers.
Pair up with Cordelia and Sumia.
---
Currently Playing: Rayman 3, Advance Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Colosseum
#4Jahozafat124Posted 4/1/2013 1:37:53 PM
go with armor effective weapons, and mages since armored enemies have low res. Other than that I just suggest grinding, i already had a couple of units by that time that just slaughtered whatever they touched without exception
---
Their are 3 thing that are oerrated in teh world:
Money, Powah, and SANITY... The 4th is spelling on teh interwebs
#5Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/1/2013 1:38:00 PM
It sounds like you're woefully underleveled or you're playing Lunatic to be getting one shotted by the enemy knights/generals.

Grind a little bit, especially those with great DEF like Kellam, Cherche, Stahl, Henry and Tharja (have Henry and Tharja use Nosferatu, which can be purchased from Chapter 13's spot on the map), and use them to block the planks to your boat.

As for where to grind, if you're on Normal mode, just buy reeking boxes and use them to grind for money, exp, items and bullions. If you're on hard and up, you'll need to use the DLC maps or Spotpass teams (on lunatic, forget spotpass, as you'll only get 1 exp per kill).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#6RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:42:45 PM
Just so you understand I am playing on Lunatic and I've leveled all my units to 20 (30 for the mankates)

I'll try mages and armor piercing weapons like someone suggested.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#7Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/1/2013 1:49:39 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Just so you understand I am playing on Lunatic and I've leveled all my units to 20 (30 for the mankates)

Level 20 base classes will have a really hard time with that map. You just unlocked a place where you can buy master seals, so I would suggest promoting your characters and taking them up to level 5 or so.

If you meant level 20 promoted classes, then idk what to tell you, other than you really got RNG screwed.

Oh, and since your Nowi is level 30, she should be good enough to tank on that map, so make use of that. (Buy a dragonstone+ from Spotpass Tiki first)
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 4/1/2013 1:59:13 PM(edited)
By "armored units" I assume you are referring to the Generals, as Knights are a joke even in Lunatic due to their pitiful speed and mediocre attack power.

Hammers and Rapiers are the only valid answer. My characters were not that strong and I could manage fine.

Addendum: Got Chapter 15 mixed up with Chapter 14. The real challenge shouldn't be the Knights but the Pegasi IMO.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#9RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:53:54 PM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...

Level 20 base classes will have a really hard time with that map. You just unlocked a place where you can buy master seals, so I would suggest promoting your characters and taking them up to level 5 or so.

If you meant level 20 promoted classes, then idk what to tell you, other than you really got RNG screwed.

Oh, and since your Nowi is level 30, she should be good enough to tank on that map, so make use of that. (Buy a dragonstone+ from Spotpass Tiki first)

I haven't used any of that seal stuff on any of my characters yet. I've grinded everyone to level 20 and I've been trying my best to get through the game as best as I can. At this point should I really consider doing master sealing on some characters?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#10Deoxys_PrimePosted 4/1/2013 1:56:06 PM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...

I haven't used any of that seal stuff on any of my characters yet. I've grinded everyone to level 20 and I've been trying my best to get through the game as best as I can. At this point should I really consider doing master sealing on some characters?

Master Seals should be used at level 20. Leaving units at 20 causes their stats to stagnate and you won't have any growth.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149