So, prepromotes. Do you use them?

#11guedesbrawlPosted 4/1/2013 4:55:20 PM
Is_Corrupted posted...
They are good and I use them and anyone saying otherwise has yet to mature when it comes to Fire Emblem.

this. altough i find babying units that are weak to see them as monsters later is fun, i know that many prepromos are awesome.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#12EvilStorm238Posted 4/1/2013 4:56:36 PM
Most of the time, no.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#13RyuhouPosted 4/1/2013 4:57:18 PM
Pent was really the only one that I liked. Also, the Greil Mercenaries in RD all came technically as prepromoted so...there was that.
---
R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005
R.I.P. Mitsuharu Misawa 1962-2009
#14arvilinoPosted 4/1/2013 5:04:26 PM(edited)
Yeah, in many cases there's good reason use at least a couple of them(Since there's very little way every unpromoted unit you'll use will get enough EXP to all be better than a pre-promote) .

I see a lot of claims that they're useless but really it's a fallacy like how Jegan(or insert pre-promote) is considered a bad unit because he's outclassed by the best units in the game.
#15iliekpieplzPosted 4/1/2013 4:58:47 PM
Stefan was a cool guy, I used him.
---
Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television.
PSN: ZanSangyou
#16Huff n puff 20Posted 4/1/2013 4:59:42 PM
Depends.

Some, like Ced are great, and Jeigans are good Meatshields and then there's Frederick Emblem.

Others like Say'ri, and the man himself Hannibal, are wondrous candidates for "General Hannibal's Award of General Uselessness."
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#17yzmanPosted 4/1/2013 4:59:55 PM
Are people not counting Frederick in the first few levels?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#18MegaSlimePosted 4/1/2013 5:02:18 PM
Frederick thanks to Lunatic mode. I've used Titania as a meat shield.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#19DemiseEndPosted 4/1/2013 5:03:04 PM
Everyone have seen my post and saw how much of a prepromote fanboy I am, especially those GBA broken Palladin trio(quads in FE8)

Also FE1 Wendell, Pent, Percival, Harken, Isadora etc

As far as it goes, I used them mostly for aesthetic reason, or I simply like them. Marcus, for example or Duessel for another is satisfying to use because of their cooler potraits. Then there's something like say.... Dagda who I actually liike

Being a good unit is just another bonus, and a high bonus at that
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#20SmashStrikePosted 4/1/2013 5:03:28 PM
All the time. Used Frederick a lot then reclassed him into Paladin for awesome pair up bonuses, replaced Lon'qu entirely with Say'ri, and I never once touched Nowi since recruiting her but am kicking ass with Tiki.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane