So, prepromotes. Do you use them?

#41FlygonitePosted 4/1/2013 6:46:56 PM
I've tried using Seth, Titania, Sirius, and Minerva. It feels too weird.
---
(I probably shouldn't say that out loud, though. Thank goodness for inner monologue.)
#42RDS1Posted 4/1/2013 6:48:47 PM
Oh, does Wallace in Lyn mode count? Technically he joins as a Knight, but unless you're playing on Hard the game makes you promote him immediately anyway, so...
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#43Whetstone_DudePosted 4/1/2013 6:52:52 PM
I bench the crap ones, always.

Sometimes I use the average/Oifey ones, though. Those ones may even become a part of my final team.
---
http://www.abload.de/img/mehaters5uze.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ee99RMM.png?1
#44AtzarPosted 4/1/2013 6:58:48 PM
I'm using Fred and Libra in my current run. Fred is the support unit/husband to Sumia, to give her some much-needed strength and defense. Libra is in because I needed a healer after switching Lissa and Maribelle to the Peg Knight tree, but he's doing better in the role than they were.
#45tamayamawuvPosted 4/1/2013 7:37:11 PM
I practically solo'ed FE8 with Seth.
#46WhiteTigerShiroPosted 4/1/2013 7:42:50 PM
Generally, no, because Pre-promotes are garbage once you get into the game and everyone's stats have caught-up to them, except that everyone else can still promote and gain 20 more levels, while they're stuck with what they got.

In this game, though, it's less of an issue. You can just Second Seal them around and their stats will grow just the same as anyone else's. So really it just comes down to which skills each character has access to with their classes.
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/
#47Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/1/2013 7:52:38 PM
Usually no, in Fe:A most of the disadvantages are removed by being able to second seal so I do use them.
#48Teh_MaimedPosted 4/1/2013 7:53:43 PM
Just read other comments and noticed it included other FE games.

Then from all the games I played:
FE6 - Nope, never iirc. (if you don't count Fa)
FE7 - Even I never used Wallace - so nope. (if you don't count Athos)
FE8 - My first Fire Emblem - I used practically all prepromotes, even post game they were pretty beast. Then I started realizing how stellar some units like Lute could've been if I used them/survived. So yes
FE9 - Again, no.... (if you don't count Tibarn/Naesala/Nasir respectively)
FE10 - practically everyone was promoted. But third tier promoted, I used Elincia. So yeah.

Now that I think about it I actually try my best NOT to use prepromotes. But considering the unlimited level ups this game has and the availability of Anna, yeah I ended up using her! Although I never touched Frederick or Say'ri.
---
:-)
#49ScytheCFHPosted 4/1/2013 8:14:37 PM
I reclass them back to first stages and use them, does that count?
---
B2 Friend Code: 0820 1569 4980
#50DemiseEndPosted 4/1/2013 8:29:31 PM
Come to think of it, my first pt has always been a blessed prepromote tun
Anyway:

FE1 - exception, Marth is a god. Does not stop me from turning Jeigan into a god who soloed a majority of final chapter
FE3 - Arran, no. Sirius is pretty godly and he is the original oifaye so.....
FE4 - I have bad luck with Quan, and Oifaye. My mvp ended up to be Finn and gen 2 gamebreaker in general such as Celice
FE5 - choose to deploy Dagda for most of the game. Dagda ended the game with 15 speed, skill, and 20 str. Bryton and Finn(they are a Jeigan because I say so) are pretty hax, alhough only Finn remains a hax in my repeated pt
FE6 - Marcus cap rammed speed and strength and has like 15 defense during endgame. Zealot is only a bit worse, having skill problem No, seriously
FE7 - at level 15, Marcus has 22 Str, 18 spd, capped Skill, 17 res, and like 14 def.
FE8 - Sethsolo
FE11 - I am too busy to use Sheeda to give a damn

That's why PEMN exist I guess
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it