When Miriel "retreats"

#11bdavis93Posted 4/2/2013 4:01:20 AM(edited)
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Classic? She retreats... essentially to the grave.
She's gone. She just gets to cheat death by being female. Which is dumb.

Wait, Virion got away with that too.

There is a reason for this. Keep playing.

If he married miriel to somebody and then miriel died then there's no way he'll see Laurent at all.
#12finaleusPosted 4/2/2013 4:14:29 AM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
LaPlaceTransfor posted...
It's not a terrible loss.

Actually, it kind of is. If you don't have Laruent yet and Mirel is dead, you miss out on 2 really good magic users. Laruent has the potential (with the right father) to be the 2nd best sorcerer in the game behind Ricken!Norie (not counting MU, Morgan, or any possible MU kids obviously).

Brady, Morgan, Severa (apparently, though I use a physical build), and Owain probably all beat out Laurent along with Noire when it comes to magic. And each and every other kid beats Laurent when it comes to personality. I thought Yarne's supports were bad, but his were by FAR the worst.
#13Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/2/2013 5:00:43 AM
finaleus posted...
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
LaPlaceTransfor posted...
It's not a terrible loss.

Actually, it kind of is. If you don't have Laruent yet and Mirel is dead, you miss out on 2 really good magic users. Laruent has the potential (with the right father) to be the 2nd best sorcerer in the game behind Ricken!Norie (not counting MU, Morgan, or any possible MU kids obviously).

Brady, Morgan, Severa (apparently, though I use a physical build), and Owain probably all beat out Laurent along with Noire when it comes to magic. And each and every other kid beats Laurent when it comes to personality. I thought Yarne's supports were bad, but his were by FAR the worst.

Not really, unless you put galeforce into the equation (and even then, sorcerers don't really need that as much as other classes). Laruent will have Owain and Brady beat in both SPD and MAG, especially since Laruent can have Ricken as a dad and get that nice +6 MAG mod while still having access to sorcerer (Owain and Brady need Libra or Henry, and they give +4 MAG tops).

Severa is meh as a sorcerer btw, even with Ricken as the dad (she only has +1 SPD over Ricken!Laruent, with -4 MAG). She's far better as a physical unit.

And like I said, I wasn't taking Morgan or MU into account, because they are the best at everything with the proper asset/flaw (and father/mother in Morgan's case).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#14Perfect ZPosted 4/2/2013 5:08:57 AM
EvenSpoonier posted...
Not so much by being female as by having a kid whose birth would be a time paradox if she died.

Though now that I think about it, if the fathers can die but the mothers cannot, does this mean that all of the mothers are already pregnant by the end of the game?

It has nothing to do with paradoxes. Time travel in this game creates split timelines. The mothers don't die because they speak in cutscenes of their children paralogues and are mentioned in some of their child's supports. If they could die, they'd need alternate versions of the dialogue of the child paralogues and even some of their supports to account for their deaths.
---
"Five hearts united as one!"
"..."