Will we ever get another Fire Emblem as strategic as FE7 or FE12?

#31Bronze_StuffPosted 4/2/2013 11:29:17 AM

Needs more Alm, because Alm was pretty ridiculous in Gaiden. >_>

You're right.

Thunder Almblem: Sword.
---
Jimbo.
#32NewbieN00bPosted 4/2/2013 11:31:15 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...

You're right.

Alm was awesome in Gaiden.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#33Bronze_StuffPosted 4/2/2013 12:10:19 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Bronze_Stuff posted...

You're right.

Alm was awesome in Gaiden.

Yes he was. That's why it's called Thunder Almblem: Sword.
---
Jimbo.
#34ao_bomberPosted 4/3/2013 10:31:35 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...

You're right.

I now approve it.
---
ZYL5_
#35NewbieN00bPosted 4/3/2013 10:36:37 AM
Alm also got bows.

1-5 range bows...
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#36Blingya25Posted 4/3/2013 10:42:20 AM
I'm pretty sure IS is going to make the next FE more "traditional". FE:A felt more like FE:TSS, an improved version of it. FE:TSS ALSO felt like the "black sheep" of FE, but that's alright.

I just wish that the story would be different... like, you being the evil villain and you get to destroy all the heroes and heroines in the game, THEN a DLC comes out and you get to play the Heroes and Heroines and the map's objective is to lose to the enemy in so many turns....

hahahahaha

hahahahaHAHAHA...

hahaha HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

.\,\,\, *|||* ,/,/,/.
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)
#37KysafenPosted 4/4/2013 6:11:34 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
I always thought Shin Monshou was harder and better designed than Thracia, but it's definitely true they f***ed up on the hit rates.

I really, really wanna hear what in SM's gameplay trumps Thracia, other than unit placement.

And according to Serenesforest.net's forum t@#$s, they didn't screw up hit rates! You can dodge!...
...with a 30 speed Swordmaster!

Thracia is overrated as hell, the map design comes down to warp spam and seems completely haphazard and made up at some points. Half the units are garbage, most of the rest are decent and then there's Finn Asblem: Dagdar 776 (featuring Leif, Orsin and Staffs.)

The game doesn't provide you with enough staves to warp through every map, especially if you one-turn the chapter to kill the boss and put another staff use towards warping Leaf.

Half the units? Halvan with the Brave Axe, Shiva with his speed and Sol, Lifis with the Hezul Scroll, Carrion who can wield both Lances and Swords while mounted (and also gets the Elite Sword), Lara with her Dance ability, Dalsin with Sety Staff that can double anything by the time he promotes says "hi". And Dragon Lance Dean. And high-speed, ferries-your-units-across-mountains Karin. And Fergus. And Elite-skill Homeros (who can use Resire on promotion) and Sara, or 60-use-critical-brave-sword-using Marita. And Daim Thunder Olwen. And "I can steal the final boss' weapons" Tina.

Yeah, Thracia 776 does have its Ronans, Shanams and Trudes, but so does every Fire Emblem. Play on Elite mode and you'll realize Crusader Scrolls can make so-so characters much more usable.

Also, "overrated"? Okay, I will say that there are some draconian design decisions thrown into the game, but I do want to know your basis of calling Thracia overrated. I personally reserve such a term for things that have both undeserved popularity and praise. Gundam Wing, Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Symphonia, Rekka no Ken, all those have their abundance of players and their praise, but where's Thracia 776's abundance? I think both of us could agree that without Gaiden, FE3, and FE1, Thracia 776 would be the least played in the series. At least I'm certainly getting the impression.
---
Awakening is deep, has a fast and efficient game engine,is fun to play, and actually manages to live up to fan hype, unlike that piece of crap, Seisen no Keifu.
#38Requiem_BladePosted 4/4/2013 6:24:27 PM
SD was a pretty good game in terms of pure strategy.
---
Official Conqueror of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board.
--Firin' my THORON LAZERS.--
#39supershyguy65Posted 4/4/2013 6:30:06 PM
FE12 was not even remotely balanced. 80 percent of the cast is useless. Even RD didn't screw up that bad.
#40OrangeCrush980Posted 4/4/2013 6:32:11 PM
FE12 was not even remotely balanced. 80 percent of the cast is useless. Even RD didn't screw up that bad.

Good point. With that, FE7 stands alone as the best.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality