"The War of Preservation was fought to keep mankind alive, my child. The Evil Dragon had nearly caused our extinction, and it was only by the Great Dragon's grace that we were saved."
These were the stories told to you as a child. Your grandfather told them to you, and their grandfathers before them. All the people live under rule of the dragons in some for another. Those men and women who do preside as kings and queens are of Dragon Blood. The heroes descended from Great Dragons, who are more fit in body and mind to rule.
The world is split into two major continents, North and South. The far North is covered in glacial temperatures and craggy, mountanous terrain, with a more subdued but still craggy landscape further down. The south, mountanous with verdant plains to one end and a barren desert the other. There are 10 countries, each formed of the tribes that settled after the war. To start with... Which country are you from?
1. I am Lucian, a son of the Southern Empire Reman and an Archer in his army.
2. I am Anita, a Nomad serving the North Eastern Tzar of Olvid.
3. I am Theodore, a Priest of the Great Dragon Gotha, God-King of Bregjar.
4. I am Galahan, a Dragon Knight of the Western island Ynnes Manaodan.
5. I am Ritu, a Mage of the desert kingdom Ankhen, student of the Great Dragon Rajha.
6. I am Ketil, a Barbarian from the Northern wastes of Jotlend.
7. I am Rory, a Cavalier from the North-Western Empire Luhnag.
8. I am Europa, a Troubadour from the South-Western senate Pharus.
9. I am Prideri, a Shaman(Dark Mage) from the mountain country Vredain.
10. I am Najin, a Mercenary in the desert kingdom Sominia. --- Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
10. mercenary is always a win....otherwise i would of picked a dark mage if there was a choice ^^ --- I liked this Story.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals
7. And damn, this topic's opening far surpasses mine. --- Truth is exclusive by nature, for if it accepts non-truth, it nulls itself and the very concept of truth. Absolute truth cannot 'coexist' or 'tolerate.' Fiat.
(And by doing the exact opposite of that, the people have spoken!)
The streets of the main city were bustling that day, unusual for such a cold part of winter, but the weather was clear and it was a special day indeed. For tonight, 2000 years before, the Great Dragon Gotha vanquished the Evil Dragon Rajha and ended the year-long day, in what became known as the War of Preservation.
The priests and druids rushed through the city, religious wardings being placed and blessings being spoken, they were unusually busy. As an apprentice, however, you find yourself with a rare oppurtunity to unwind. Looking at the various stands and boothes, a trinket shop with a few old books and some jewelery catches your eye. Opposite that, one of the old druids you recognize is peddling home-made remedies and concoctions. You also see a bard entertaining folks by the main square.
A. Go to the trinket dealer, you never know what you could find. B. See what old Hovaugh is up to, maybe buy a few potions. C. Go listen to the bard's story, there is plenty of time. D. Those all sound painfully dull, let's go practice Nosferatu on some squirrels. --- Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board