CYOA: Age of the Sun

#451OsrangerPosted 5/2/2013 6:13:17 AM
A. Duels are best fought at noon.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#452Sanjima_RyukuPosted 5/2/2013 6:57:37 AM
A. I see that Mirthin is starting to man up, that's a good sign.
#453Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 10:14:39 AM
You sigh, nodding your head. "I don't know what lord Mirthin expects of me." You say. "But, I'll accept his challenge. Can you show me to the spot?"

"Aye, he's not far." Finan says, motioning for you to follow him. You walk through the streets of the village. Finan looks every which way, marvelling at the Iwernian coast and commenting on how long it's been since he was home. The beaches certainly are nice, pearl white sands giving way to rolling green pastures and mountains far in the distance. You arrive at a flat patch of grass near a sheep farm. Finan hands you an Iron Sword as you face Mirthin, leaving your other possessions behind.

"I'm glad you could make it, Prideri." Mirthin says seriously. "I hope you don't mind if we use real swords. The wooden ones aren't quite like the real thing."

You shrug. "I see we have Morphanz standing by." You nod in your friend's direction. "As long as nobody gets a vital stabbed, we should be fine."

"I'll be here to patch you up." Morphanz teases. "Don't kick his ass too hard, m'lord!" Mirthin tries to hide his face in embarassment, while still trying to look you in the eye. Neither works, so he settles on taking a defensive position.

"Begin!" Finan yells.

You circle around a bit, each being cautious to not be the first to let his guard down. You notice that Mirthin twitches reflexively every time you advance, so trying to take advantage of it, feinting a left strike. He goes to parry, but you pull back, you go to use this opportunity but hesitate in striking your Lord, giving him the chance to slice your left arm a bit. "Fight seriously." Mirthin orders.

You nod, holding your sword defensively. As Mirthin begins to take his defensive stance, you charge, stiking Mirthin diagonally. Mirthin receives a wound across the chest and on the arm. He staggers, but takes little time to recover, thrusting at your side. You have a split second to react.

A. Parry, riposte.
B. Side-step, strike the sword away.
C. Downward Swing, stop before hitting his neck.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#454Dragunov_ZeroPosted 5/2/2013 10:24:41 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
You sigh, nodding your head. "I don't know what lord Mirthin expects of me." You say. "But, I'll accept his challenge. Can you show me to the spot?"

"Aye, he's not far." Finan says, motioning for you to follow him. You walk through the streets of the village. Finan looks every which way, marvelling at the Iwernian coast and commenting on how long it's been since he was home. The beaches certainly are nice, pearl white sands giving way to rolling green pastures and mountains far in the distance. You arrive at a flat patch of grass near a sheep farm. Finan hands you an Iron Sword as you face Mirthin, leaving your other possessions behind.

"I'm glad you could make it, Prideri." Mirthin says seriously. "I hope you don't mind if we use real swords. The wooden ones aren't quite like the real thing."

You shrug. "I see we have Morphanz standing by." You nod in your friend's direction. "As long as nobody gets a vital stabbed, we should be fine."

"I'll be here to patch you up." Morphanz teases. "Don't kick his ass too hard, m'lord!" Mirthin tries to hide his face in embarassment, while still trying to look you in the eye. Neither works, so he settles on taking a defensive position.

"Begin!" Finan yells.

You circle around a bit, each being cautious to not be the first to let his guard down. You notice that Mirthin twitches reflexively every time you advance, so trying to take advantage of it, feinting a left strike. He goes to parry, but you pull back, you go to use this opportunity but hesitate in striking your Lord, giving him the chance to slice your left arm a bit. "Fight seriously." Mirthin orders.

You nod, holding your sword defensively. As Mirthin begins to take his defensive stance, you charge, stiking Mirthin diagonally. Mirthin receives a wound across the chest and on the arm. He staggers, but takes little time to recover, thrusting at your side. You have a split second to react.

A. Parry, riposte.
B. Side-step, strike the sword away.
C. Downward Swing, stop before hitting his neck.


B. let's go for a non-lethal approach that doesn't put Mirthin at risk like C.
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3
#455OsrangerPosted 5/2/2013 10:41:28 AM
Let's try to avoid doing any fancy swordplay when we have no experience.

B.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#456SwordMasterEXPosted 5/2/2013 2:48:28 PM
B- Don't want to humiliate the kid, but he's already injured =/

I'm offline for a day and we miss a skill called Harem King!?
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#457odessyfoxPosted 5/2/2013 2:50:08 PM
B seems like the safest option.
#458Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 6:07:07 AM
Mirthin telegraphs his thrust perceptibly, reaching backwards with a slight step and plunging his Iron Sword like a Rapier towards your shoulder. You know what to do.

Side-stepping his attack, your bring your sword down hard against Mirthin's, smashing it out of his hands. You notice and old wound you never saw before on Mirthin's hand open up and sheathe your sword, offering your hand to Mirthin for a handshake. "You performed well m'lord." You say, pulling back from the shake and offering some advice. "When you go in for a thrust, wait until you're either close enough that they won't notice or their guard is let down."

"R-right..." Mirthin stumbles over, clenching his wound in pain. After the moment fades, you realize the gash on your left arm and side are much deeper than you thought, bleeding like a river. "I keep losing this same way... It's how Garth and Finan beat me." Mirthin complains.

Morphanz rushes to your sides, first healing Mirthin completely and then knitting your wound. He warns you that it's pretty serious and that you should take it easy the next day or two. You're not hurting to die, so it seems like an appealing proposal.

"Lord Mirthin." Finan interjects. "In a real battle, disarmament means death. You are a great warrior in the battlefield, but I do not want to see you killed in a duel."

"I'll keep trying." Mirthin says. "One day, I will be a swordsman worthy of you all."

"Don't stress over it too much." Morphanz says. "All we ask is that you stay safe, can't do that slacking off or overdoing it."

You nod in agreement. "If we keep working on your weaknesses, we'll get better together. It'd be an honour to keep training with you, lord Mirthin."

"Thanks..." Mirthin says bashfully. "I'd like that."

The next two days are comprised of uneventful marching. You chat with various members of your army. Ishtar seems to accepting her freedom more, but still insists on calling you and now Mirthin master, saying that she has no loyalties right now and nothing better to do than follow you. Anna has started pooling her resources with Tacitus, greatly improving both of their inventories. Morphanz has started talking to Erin. Little conversation, like the duties of a Priest, but Erin seems none-the-less fascinated. On the third day, you approach a hill-top adjacent to a large and imposing fortress.

"Name it." You order Rory, being held in the back of the army by Bregjar and Ynnes Manodan's troops. He seems to have been beaten a few times since you last saw him. Who ordered that? You wonder.

Rory looks at you defiantly, but gives a name. "This is Fort Hibernia." He tells you. "It is helmed by the Remani embassador Joachim. The man is a good friend and a powerful warrior. You cannot capture this place, not with him there."

"And if we do?" You ask. Rory remains silent. "...Well? What if we slaughtered everyone inside and claimed the fort as our own? What would it accomplish?"

"It would spread your army thin and incur the wrath of constant Luhnag attacks." Rory says discouragingly. "We are invincible."

"We'll see about that." You threaten Rory, hoping to see some sign of fear on his face, but he shows only hatred. There's a gigantic fortress ahead of you, with a supposedly formidable garrison inside. How best to approach this?

A. Set up a camp on the hill and storm the fort.
B. Pretend to be Rory and two aides escaped from captivity and spy on the castle guard.
C. Have someone challenge Joachim to a duel (Choose 1.)
D. Get information from Garth, Norwenna and Finan.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#459OsrangerPosted 5/3/2013 6:26:08 AM
D. Information is power
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#460C_D_MPosted 5/3/2013 6:48:52 AM
C. Ketil, I choose you!