This game has some of the most well developed characters ever

#1DynasticAnthonyPosted 4/2/2013 1:53:23 PM
This might unleash part of the fanboy in me but what the hell.

I never played an FE before this one. I played the demo and it was fantastic. So, I bought the game during the stockless few weeks. I found it at Walmart, actually.

I found out about recruiting characters that aren't originally supposed to be in your party. My first one was Tharja actually. It's basically impossible to miss Kellam's so I won't count it.

Actually, I made a topic about who I should marry. Cordelia was #1, while Tharja was very close behind. In the end, I married Tharja. Something about her was just attracting me. He personality, her giggling, her smiles, her everything. It made me marry her in the end. Everything about her is attractive. Call me creepy but I personally prefer Tharja over most of the models, singers and actresses today that pass as "attractive."

She's probably the only video game character I have a huge crush on. Every time I see a cosplay of her, I go litterly insane. I found all the characters in Awakening to be extremely well-developed and after looking at videos of previous entries, I find Awakening to be the best Fire Emblem released to date.

I just wanted to share my thoughts. Nothing more. This game is truly a masterpiece and I know it will likely be the game of the year for Nintendo and maybe the overall Game of the Year.

I f'ing love Fire Emblem: Awakening.
---
Official Husband of Tharja <33333
I AM THE CONQUEROR.
#2TaiphlosionPosted 4/2/2013 1:57:47 PM
DynasticAnthony posted...

I never played an FE before this one....

... after looking at videos of previous entries, I find Awakening to be the best Fire Emblem released to date...

I love awakening just as much as you, but you can't say that just looking at videos, without playing them.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#3Is_CorruptedPosted 4/2/2013 1:57:58 PM
I never played an FE before this one.

That explains the title.

She's probably the only video game character I have a huge crush on. Every time I see a cosplay of her, I go litterly insane.

Probably because they're only wearing swimsuits.

I found all the characters in Awakening to be extremely well-developed and after looking at videos of previous entries, I find Awakening to be the best Fire Emblem released to date.

Good thing looking at videos count as playing, or else the comparison might be heavily flawed.

Nice.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#4UmuruPosted 4/2/2013 1:59:02 PM
Apparently the staff members that were interviewed agree with you that Tharja was their favorite character. Honestly, I'm indifferent to her. It's nice to see more fans pop up though. I guess IS has managed to do their job if they bring in more fans.
#5bluerulerPosted 4/2/2013 1:59:23 PM
Indeed, its a nice cast, but there are some predictable characters. I believe this FE has the best written cast, but the other FE's hold many enjoyable characters
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#6DynasticAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 2:01:48 PM
Is_Corrupted posted...
I never played an FE before this one.

That explains the title.

She's probably the only video game character I have a huge crush on. Every time I see a cosplay of her, I go litterly insane.

Probably because they're only wearing swimsuits.

I found all the characters in Awakening to be extremely well-developed and after looking at videos of previous entries, I find Awakening to be the best Fire Emblem released to date.

Good thing looking at videos count as playing, or else the comparison might be heavily flawed.

Nice.

1. I never cared for the series but I do have my fair share of knowledge on other notable FE characters.
2. I'd still like her if she was heavily clothed.
3. I have played other ones for a while but I never had the full time back then. Thanks, emulators.
4. Nice.
---
Official Husband of Tharja <33333
I AM THE CONQUEROR.
#7Teh_TiltyuPosted 4/2/2013 2:06:39 PM
fe1 characters are better developed

i cry every time bantu appears in dialogue ;_;
---
"Mounted Emblem: Sigurdology of the Holsety War" - heavylobsterguy
#8KakeyoPosted 4/2/2013 2:16:19 PM
Are you saying the game has the most well-developed characters as compared to the other games in this series or just in general?

Because if you mean in general, I have to disagree with you. For a video game most people will spend 40+ hours on, I think most of the characters are underdeveloped and rely heavily on on one or two "traits" to make up for a personality or growth in any of their support conversations.

But if you meant in the series, I think the number of support conversations makes it one of the few Fire Emblem games where you know more than just the title and name of an individual [which some games are guilty of] so it puts it up there for more in-depth characters. However, I have to disagree if you mean for the series. I think Fire Emblem 6, 7 and 8 had a lot of supports for most of the characters and the characters themselves were more involved with the story, had better conversations and were generally more engaging than Awakening.

However, still love Awakening. Glad to see other fans. :3
#9Huff n puff 20Posted 4/2/2013 2:31:28 PM
Taiphlosion posted...

I love awakening just as much as you, but you can't say that just looking at videos, without playing them.

For the case of characters, one certainly -can-.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#10pizzaman95Posted 4/2/2013 2:50:52 PM
This game has some of the most well developed characters ever

I agree, just look at Noire.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.