Is Ike the strongest lord (story wise)?

#1OldShadow00Posted 4/2/2013 3:07:01 PM
In the dlc they always say that he is super strong. Is he the strongest?
#2pizzaman95Posted 4/2/2013 3:08:39 PM(edited)
I find it weird that the DLC hypes Ike up so much, since IIRC he's one of the most unpopular Lords in Japan.

Well, his games are among if not the most unpopular there anyway.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#3Gold_VanguardPosted 4/2/2013 3:08:18 PM
He killed a GOD, booyah.
---
Die with magnificent- Virion Fire Emblem Awakening.
#4HonzouPosted 4/2/2013 3:14:56 PM(edited)
He is among the strongest...

I'm so glad that god slaying credential loses all meaning in the upcoming crossover. :D
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#5HejiruPosted 4/2/2013 3:17:22 PM
Gold_Vanguard posted...
He killed a GOD, booyah.

Only because he was given the power of an equal and opposite god.

People act like he just strolled up to Ashera and knocked her down with no help.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#6SazukeEXPosted 4/2/2013 3:18:40 PM
Gold_Vanguard posted...
He killed a GOD, booyah.

Seth solos a Demon King that not even the Gods or Ancient Heroes could kill.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#7Pitbuller_26Posted 4/2/2013 3:20:38 PM
No, it's Anri. The dude did Marth's journey in FE3/12 ALONE.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#8HonzouPosted 4/2/2013 3:23:12 PM
I don't think I've read about any lord being able to really beat one of those supernatural enemies (Dragons, gods, demon kings, etc.) without the help of a legendary weapon,i item, shield, etc.

But, that doesn't mean they aren't strong on their own, cause it takes ability and strength to survive what they go through to accomplish their goals.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#9WebbOMGPosted 4/2/2013 3:33:02 PM(edited)
I don't know as much as some other members of the board do when it comes to early (pre FE6) FEs but based solely on my on experiences with FE and the dlc in Awakening I believe it is safe to assume he is among the strongest lords in FE history and at least the strongest Lord between FEs 6-10.

I'm of the opinion that he is more than likely the better fighter when compared to Marth and Chrom as well.

My own speculation leads me to believe that if he has any real competition for strongest lord it must come from FE 4 or 5 which I have no real knowledge pertaining to.
#10NidtendofreakPosted 4/2/2013 3:31:51 PM
According to Hubba he's the strongest ever.

Take that with as many grains of salt as you wish. To be fair, he is... kinda knowledgeable about the lords. Wouldn't surprise me if IS went "screw it, canonly Ike is the strongest. Deal with it".
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.