Is Ike the strongest lord (story wise)?

#31helldewPosted 4/2/2013 5:19:46 PM
Ike and Marth both have by far the strongest lineages.

Anri is a total badass who did the entire anris way quest on his own for christ sakes while Greil was overpowered enough to the point where he sends his band of mercenarys to fend off one army while he single handily takes on the other With the inability to use swords mind you. Plus through out the entire story Greil was shown to be just straight up over powered.

Ike also can use Aeither has training from various sword masters and his dad who is already uber. he him self had the strongest foes to fight against in terms of having to fight Laguz which expands across dragons cat people and freaking birds that are really damn powerful.

He also wields Ragnell which is by far the more overpowered sword being unbreakable and the blade it self gives a way better bonus then even the falchion and many legendary weapons and from what i can tell the sword of seals is one of the few that even comes close but IMO Ragnell>>>sword of seals.

Hector is strong but i think Ike has more stuff under his belt that makes him far more powerful.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#32sjk9000Posted 4/2/2013 5:20:39 PM
Scc_Defender posted...
IIRC, by FE6, Eliwood is considered one of the best swordsmen In Lycia (in story at least) and I recall someone (Might have been Hector.. :S) saying things would be different if Eliwood was still able to fight.
So by FE6, I would say Eliwood = Hector. Lyndis gets no mention so I'm assuming she's dead.
Also, I'd like to point out in FE7 Eliwood DID kill a Dragon in 1 hit. So.. There's that too.
So really Eliwood > Hector > Lyn.

Also. Ephraim. God of War. Can't lose a fight.
Though I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean HE'S the strongest lord, he could probably beat them all in a war.

Eliwood flat-out says he can't match Lyn in swordplay in the DLC missions. I mean, yeah he's super humble and all, but I don't think he'd lie about being able to beat Lyn or not.
#33IlluminaZer0Posted 4/2/2013 5:42:04 PM(edited)
Scc_Defender posted...
IIRC, by FE6, Eliwood is considered one of the best swordsmen In Lycia (in story at least) and I recall someone (Might have been Hector.. :S) saying things would be different if Eliwood was still able to fight.
So by FE6, I would say Eliwood = Hector. Lyndis gets no mention so I'm assuming she's dead.
Also, I'd like to point out in FE7 Eliwood DID kill a Dragon in 1 hit. So.. There's that too.
So really Eliwood > Hector > Lyn.

Also. Ephraim. God of War. Can't lose a fight.
Though I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean HE'S the strongest lord, he could probably beat them all in a war.

Eliwood killing Ninian (I assume that's the Dragon you are referring to) isn't that great an accomplishment IMO. Especially as the party had such difficulty with a random Fire Dragon at the end.

I do enjoy that IS loves Lyn so much more than the people in these boards. Awakening makes it pretty clear what Eliwood thinks of Lyn's combat prowess, and he is constantly reminding us of it.

That things would be different in FE6 with Eliwood being healthy doesn't imply that Eliwood was such a badass swordsman that he alone could have repelled Zephiel's forces.

I do agree that Ephraim may have been the greatest General of the Lords storywise, and that doesn't necessarily imply that he was the among the greatest fighters among the Lords. (Especially compared to Anri and Ike.)
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#34N__1Posted 4/2/2013 5:33:33 PM
You know, any FE:A character alone can solo Fire Emblem 1-12.
#35pizzaman95Posted 4/2/2013 5:34:58 PM
N__1 posted...

I'd like to see Ricken solo Thracia 776.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#36EmeralDragon23Posted 4/2/2013 5:36:23 PM
What probably helped Ike is that the Greil Mercenaries are all stupidly powerful in their own right, so that probably boosted his lore.

But in all seriousness, IS was clearly trying to push the idea that hes among the very best ever. I don't know if he's THE strongest Lord, I lack the knowledge, but he's up there.

Plus, as someone said, he fights for his friends. In Japan, you don't lose when you fight for your friends.
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#37MarkofWisdomPosted 4/2/2013 5:39:01 PM
Ike is probably the strongest in pure fighting ability with Ephraim being the best commander and tactician
#38bluerulerPosted 4/2/2013 5:45:00 PM
I'm suprised at how civil this topic is.

I'd say thats what IS is trying to get across, if i recall there was an interview where one of the developers said Ike was considered the strongest lord/protagonist, but this was pre-awakening though
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#39N__1Posted 4/2/2013 5:45:42 PM
pizzaman95 posted...
N__1 posted...

I'd like to see Ricken solo Thracia 776.

Sure, my Ricken a level 20 Dark Knight with Valflame and Brave Sword, Str 24, Hp 58, Mag 31, Skill 28, Spd 26, Lck 25, Def 24, Res 29. This is just the Ricken from my normal file, in my lunatic file Ricken can slaughter Fire Dragons and Demon Kings over hundreds times.
#40IlluminaZer0Posted 4/2/2013 5:49:49 PM(edited)
N__1 posted...
Sure, my Ricken a level 20 Dark Knight with Valflame and Brave Sword, Str 24, Hp 58, Mag 31, Skill 28, Spd 26, Lck 25, Def 24, Res 29. This is just the Ricken from my normal file, in my lunatic file Ricken can slaughter Fire Dragons and Demon Kings over hundreds times.

In-game stats != Lore strength, especially as the different games have different stat scales. If we were arguing such a thing, we would likely be basing our analysis of the Lords within the DLC. (In which case, Ephraim starts to look very promising... Hehehehe)
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.