Chapter 11 Lunatic

#1KitoariPosted 4/2/2013 4:54:47 PM
Is grinding Olivia to 30 really worth it?

Because it looks veeery tempting.
#21iqPosted 4/2/2013 5:46:51 PM
nope. getting her married is.
---
3ds FC: 4596-9999-0519
#3king_darksPosted 4/2/2013 5:49:22 PM
Kitoari posted...

She'll have a terribad str stat and mediocre def. At the least though she'll be very fast.
---
Why ain't I right if you can't tell me why I'm wrong :?
#4IlluminaZer0Posted 4/2/2013 5:55:46 PM(edited)
If you want to grind Olivia, it's better to go:

Level 10 Dancer -> Reclass to Myrmidon
Myrmidon 20 --> Swordmaster(15) [Might want to reclass at 16 though]

Then either go back Dancer or get Galeforce before going back to Dancer.

Olivia can really use Swordfaire and Myrdmidon/Swordmaster's better offensive growths as a Dancer. Dancer Olivia is just a completely horrid dual strike partner.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#5king_darksPosted 4/2/2013 6:00:48 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...
If you want to grind Olivia, it's better to go:

Level 10 Dancer -> Reclass to Myrmidon
Myrmidon 20 --> Swordmaster(15) [Might want to reclass at 16 though]

Then either go back Dancer or get Galeforce before going back to Dancer.

Olivia can really use Swordfaire and Myrdmidon/Swordmaster's better offensive growths as a Dancer. Dancer Olivia is just a completely horrid dual strike partner.

If he can grind that hard he don't even need olivia.
---
#6IlluminaZer0Posted 4/2/2013 6:06:31 PM(edited)
king_darks posted...
If he can grind that hard he don't even need olivia.

It's pretty soft grinding by most of the board's standards. You are only pursuing one class path compared in contrast to getting skills from multiple 2nd tier classes.

You won't even hit the cap for cumulative level. In fact if you reclass back to Dancer from Swordmaster, Olivia's internal level will be... 13 if my understanding of the mechanics is correct.

Dancing to level 30 seems far more annoying to me, especially as the Dancer's level 15 skill is extremely mediocre.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#7king_darksPosted 4/2/2013 6:14:27 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...

It's pretty soft grinding by most of the board's standards.

Most of this board is accounting for dlc which may be impossibility for TC. If he had that option olivia wouldn't be necessary.

You are only pursuing one class path compared in contrast to getting skills from multiple 2nd tier classes.

All that exp got to come from somewhere and Tc needs her for chapter 11 in particular. If he can afford to do all that for olivia JUST for one chapter he can do it for any other character making her obsolete.

You won't even hit the cap for cumulative level. In fact if you reclass back to Dancer from Swordmaster, Olivia's internal level will be... 13 if my understanding of the mechanics is correct.

That isn't the problem though.

Dancing to level 30 seems far more annoying to me, especially as the Dancer's level 15 skill is extremely mediocre.

This isn't about making a endgame worthy unit though. He just want a unit that will help him through the game.
---
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 4/2/2013 6:27:43 PM
king_darks posted...
This isn't about making a endgame worthy unit though. He just want a unit that will help him through the game.

You are assuming a lot, all the TC said was this:

Kitoari posted...

If you want to grind Olivia, going straight to level 30 as a dancer is a waste. If there are some other limiting criteria for the TC, the TC should specify not you.
---
#9king_darksPosted 4/2/2013 6:39:24 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...

You are assuming a lot, all the TC said was this:

I'm aware of what he said.

If you want to grind Olivia, going straight to level 30 as a dancer is a waste. If there are some other limiting criteria for the TC, the TC should specify not you.

Using context clues can help anyone better understand why your suggestion is pretty bad as it implies

1.He has access to dlc.
2.He would rather grind olivia (A pretty mediocre unit as far as atk) then someone like Mu or chrom.

Considering he mentioned olivia who can be danced all theway to level 30 without a single fight it likely he was refering to that method instead of grinding. You assumed he was going to grind olivia for hours (Which is stupid given what little he asked) to get the proper skills and the stats. I didn't assume any more than you.
---
#10IlluminaZer0Posted 4/2/2013 6:48:09 PM
king_darks posted...

You are assuming the state of DLC, you are assuming that grinding is mutually exclusive between characters (which is purely bad logic), and you are now even putting words in my mouth:

You assumed he was going to grind olivia for hours...

Which I never said, I merely stated it's "annoying." Either you completely lack reading comprehension or you are knowingly using strawman.

All I did was state that going Myrdmidon -> Swordmaster is superior (and it is), and later asserted that it's not really extreme as far as grinding goes (which is also true).

If that is not applicable for the TC, the TC should specify not you. I can guess that you are projecting some pet peeve into this topic, but if you want to talk about whatever else that is make a new topic for it.
---