Question on what late games like?

#1Level_99_HeroPosted 4/2/2013 6:11:54 PM
So I was thinking since its a pain to grind all like 100 possible characters (dlc included). Do most of you just pick 4-10 or so characters and stick with them for the rest of the game cause its getting pretty bad to freshen up my team rotation cause I have to grind most new party members before they can be used.
#2Master_GamerPosted 4/2/2013 6:14:23 PM
You're really supposed to only have as many people as you can field leveled up. Training more than that is pretty pointless.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#3Level_99_Hero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 6:26:40 PM
So what do you do for kids?
#4RDS1Posted 4/2/2013 6:27:37 PM
Personally, I drop most of the first-gen because I like the kids better and don't care that I need to train them up a bit.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#5Level_99_Hero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 6:38:06 PM
So do you grind the parents (skills) right before you get the kids?
#6doshpashtaPosted 4/2/2013 6:45:11 PM
Level_99_Hero posted...
So do you grind the parents (skills) right before you get the kids?

yes. grind the parents for support conversations (because you might as well) and get skills.
#7Turbo_TRexPosted 4/2/2013 6:50:26 PM
I've decided to grind all of the in-game characters, as well as any character you receive as rewards for the DLC. I've been grinding for supports anyway. I'm not going to bother with the free DLC characters (mostly because I don't know most of them so they mean nothing to me).
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#8NanayaSRebornPosted 4/2/2013 9:25:33 PM
If you're going to grind at all then it's better to just level-up everybody. Having a core team of 4-10 units was only effectual in the previous games due to the limited amount of experience available. In a game like Awakening where you can easily spend hours on skirmishes and DLC to keep the rest of your army up to par, it's no longer a necessity.
---
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#9SazukeEXPosted 4/2/2013 9:37:25 PM(edited)
Master_Gamer posted...
You're really supposed to only have as many people as you can field leveled up. Training more than that is pretty pointless.

Indeed.

And for Endgame most of the First Generation characters aren't worth the effort.

The only viable First Generation characters for Endgame that can stand head to head with the broken 2nd Generation are...

Chrom(Required)
MU/FeMU(Duh)
Cordelia(The #1 broken First Generation Character that isn't MU)
Nowi
Gregor
Olivia(For Dancing)
Tiki
Priam(Last Paralogue so... You wont get him anyway until you're literally at Endgame DLC stuff. By than it may not even be worth the effort to train him as he must go back to Mercenary and Myrmidon for Armsthrift and Vantage than Swordmaster for Sworefaire)

All the other parents you should only use for breeding purposes and skills to pass down to the broken children. After that is achieved you can than drop them outside getting supports unlocked.

Sure you can use them if you like them but that's up to you.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.