after 200 resets in ch2 Lunatic+, i deleted my file and went /Casual

#1Invader_SpoochPosted 4/3/2013 5:21:32 PM
half those resets were simply because too many enemies had Luna+ for the match to be feasible.

now i've already reached chapter 2, while only resetting ~20 times (i still reset out of habit when someone dies). i envy those who have played this difficulty on Classic (while trying to save everyone) because that means you guys have the patience of saints.
#2tw1g_007Posted 4/3/2013 5:27:18 PM
Invader_Spooch posted...
half those resets were simply because too many enemies had Luna+ for the match to be feasible.

now i've already reached chapter 2, while only resetting ~20 times (i still reset out of habit when someone dies). i envy those who have played this difficulty on Classic (while trying to save everyone) because that means you guys have the patience of saints.

I've played lunatic+ enough times to tell you that I reset no more than 10-15 times on ch2. 30 times at worse if skill randomizations mess with me. Specific methods make it easier.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#3Invader_Spooch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:31:30 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Invader_Spooch posted...

I've played lunatic+ enough times to tell you that I reset no more than 10-15 times on ch2. 30 times at worse if skill randomizations mess with me. Specific methods make it easier.

well, i was also resetting for +def/spd bonuses on the Avatar. certainly, if i reset more in the early chapters for better bonuses, i wouldn't have needed to reset this many times in ch2.

but the main draw of Casual is that once i get an enemy skill layout, i can just save it and not have to reset a billion times just because the RNG is screwing with me (lol Hawkeye, Counter, and Luna+ enemies).
#4TaiphlosionPosted 4/3/2013 5:39:52 PM
I beat it an hour ago, after reseting about 50 times. I guess I was lucky.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#5Sparks97Posted 4/3/2013 5:48:13 PM
Yeah, I play Lunatic+ Casual as well. I usually play Classic but I refuse to do so on this difficulty.
---
Official Sparks97 of every board