Any Child Characters NOT Worth Using?

#1magiccube4527Posted 4/3/2013 5:23:27 PM
Are there any children NOT worth using? I'm having a hard time training up the parents to get good skills for the children just due to the sheer amount of grinding needed to do that. How many children do you "experts" tend to have on your teams?
#2DemiseEndPosted 4/3/2013 5:30:41 PM(edited)
With proper parents there's none

As sad as this sounds, Cynthia is objectively the worst children thanks to her limited parent choice. The class set of Sumia(Knight, Peg, forgot) while pretty amazing, is nothing to brag about

The children that are almost always amazing are Morgan, maybe Lucina(with actual mother), Severa, and Inigo
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3Wandering__HeroPosted 4/3/2013 5:29:57 PM
Ricken
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board
#4RDS1Posted 4/3/2013 5:30:48 PM
Laurent, Yarne, and Gerome are kind of underwhelming due to not getting Galeforce. And Brady and Cynthia seemed kind of underwhelming anyway, but it probably depends on who their fathers are.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#5SpikayaPosted 4/3/2013 5:32:11 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
Ricken

You're so funny.
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#6magiccube4527(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:32:56 PM
So how many children do you actually have on your main team?
#7EvilStorm238Posted 4/3/2013 5:34:28 PM
RDS1 posted...
Laurent, Yarne, and Gerome are kind of underwhelming due to not getting Galeforce. And Brady and Cynthia seemed kind of underwhelming anyway, but it probably depends on who their fathers are.

I dunno, even without Galeforce, my Gerome is kicking butt (of course, Gregor is his father and he's got Iote's Shield equipped).

My Brady is also pretty goo with Lon'qu as his father.

I will say Cynthia is a little underwhelming, even though she's got good stats. I just don't like her as much as the other kids.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#8EvilStorm238Posted 4/3/2013 5:35:46 PM
magiccube4527 posted...
So how many children do you actually have on your main team?

Is that how many we currently have, or how many you get altogether?

If the former, I have about 10.

If the latter, it's 13 in all.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#9DemiseEndPosted 4/3/2013 5:35:52 PM
Ideally, All Children team is my preference for min maxing

On my ussual pt, three or two. Morgan, Lucina, maybe Severa. They are easy to recruit and does fine(Lucina is currently my second most OP character in the team behind Sumia)
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#10Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/3/2013 5:36:36 PM
RDS1 posted...

Eh... Gerome isn't underwhelming. His stat mods are fairly insane, especially with Vaike or Gregor as the dad. Galeforce, despite being a great skill, doesn't break Gerome, Laruent or Yarne. All three are quite a lot better than the 1st Gen characters.

Like someone else said, Cynthia is objectively the worst of the children, but that's Sumia's bad marriage options more than Cynthia being terrible. She's good enough if Gaius, Chrom or Henry is the dad, and, as usual, is awesome if MU is the dad (but hey, MU makes everyone awesome, in most cases).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com