Why is Sumia so horrible?

#11almostexactlyPosted 4/3/2013 7:46:05 PM
She's not even bad. Early availability, good pair up boosts, flying utility, good class and skill spread, Awakening growths.

Blah personality though, I'll concur there.
#12Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/3/2013 7:49:16 PM
Personally, I consider Sumia to be more of a magic based character than physical, due to her stat mods (I use her as a dark flier with tomeflare). Of course, she is going to require some SERIOUS grinding to actually hit those caps, since her STR and MAG growths are bad.

So yeah, if you aren't grinding, she is about as useless as Florina (well, maybe not THAT bad, but still).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#13fireemblemomegaPosted 4/3/2013 7:51:57 PM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Personally, I consider Sumia to be more of a magic based character than physical, due to her stat mods (I use her as a dark flier with tomeflare). Of course, she is going to require some SERIOUS grinding to actually hit those caps, since her STR and MAG growths are bad.

So yeah, if you aren't grinding, she is about as useless as Florina (well, maybe not THAT bad, but still).

No one comes close to Florina useless. But she's like Florina in the fact that if you CAN get her going she's valuable.
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.
#14DemiseEndPosted 4/3/2013 7:58:16 PM(edited)
Flo Flo was the best pegs who can carry hector
Try again
Also Pegs in 7 will never be terrible

As for Sumia, GK Sumia is right now my most overpowered character, BY FAR. So yeah, she is amazing. Ironically the measure of how good she(and Cordelia) is during a pt depends on who gets Frederick or if one of them are glued to Kellam

Sumia is not as "look at me and I am broken since I make 80% of the cast irrelevant" kind of broken as Sheeda. But then again, that's because Sheeda is broken as hell.

Anyway

FE1 - Sheeda is not Ring Minerva. Sheeda as DK is pretty amazing, but lollatepromo

FE3 - one of the best. Not as broken as Palla and Catria but Sheeda is really good

FE4 - Deidre sucks. Lana and Julia is amazing

FE5 - Staffbot Charismabot Nanna.

FE6 - Lilina is crap

FE7 - ninian is amazing

FE8 - Seth.

FE11 - Sheeda is extremely overpowered

FE12 - Sheeda is simply amazing
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#15Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/3/2013 8:00:59 PM
fireemblemomega posted...

No one comes close to Florina useless. But she's like Florina in the fact that if you CAN get her going she's valuable.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. You need dat RNG blessing to STR or MAG and she'll be fine. Like what happened on my lunatic playthrough; Sumia ended up with 19 STR as a level 20 Peg Knight (capped SPD and SKL too, DEF was only 9 though >_<), which blew my mind. She's usually around 10-14 STR with me at that level, if that.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#16fireemblemomegaPosted 4/3/2013 8:06:24 PM
fireemblemomega posted...

Yeah, I'll agree with that. You need dat RNG blessing to STR or MAG and she'll be fine. Like what happened on my lunatic playthrough; Sumia ended up with 19 STR as a level 20 Peg Knight (capped SPD and SKL too, DEF was only 9 though >_<), which blew my mind. She's usually around 10-14 STR with me at that level, if that.

Her utility makes her incredible and the + speed on pair up gives her a unique flavor.
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.
#17yami_no_sakuraPosted 4/3/2013 8:42:25 PM
Suffer_Not posted...
Eliwood's canon wife is Ninian, and she sucks.

But I'm pretty sure Lilina, Tana, Shiida, and Soren were all pretty good in their own rights.

What are you talking about, Ninian is amazing!
#18WebbOMGPosted 4/3/2013 9:16:30 PM(edited)
No unit with access to Luna, Pavise, Lancefaire, Tomefaire, Galeforce and Renewal sucks.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but for a first gen unit Sumia is fantastic.