Why is everybody like "Oooh Ike's so strong"...

#31Dragunov_ZeroPosted 4/4/2013 12:41:35 AM
IlluminaZer0 posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
IlluminaZer0 posted...
Sure Walhart spoiler>AKA Raoh is the manliest, but that doesn't mean that he compares to Ike in strength.

Ike's strength in Part IV of RD is the result of godly blessings (Yune blessed Ragnell and 3rd Tier Promotion). If anything I'd say that Ike is cheating because he is using divine hax unlike Walhart who appears to have nothing but his own might and willpower and thus his badass factor is most likely natural unlike haxxor Ike.

I do acknowledge that being mighty in a fantasy universe through sheer human might/willpower significantly adds to his bad ass meter.

He also gets bonus points for overpowering Basilio and Flavia simultaneously. It's too bad his arc was so rushed, would have loved more back and forth between the two forces. Stages like FE12's Soulful Bridge map would have been nice.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Soulful_Bridge

As it is, Walhart basically gets curb stomped by Chrom/MU.

From what I get in the story, Walhart's greatest flaw is his overconfidence. He was so strong that people only gathered around him because of his overwhelming might. Excellus was already sowing discord within Walhart's ranks and the dynasts only followed him out of fear.

The moment Walhart's forces began losing successively due to Robin's tactics, the unity of the Empire crumbled into disarray and since the Conqueror only maintained control with fear and oppression, few remained loyal to him and turned against him and even the strongest of men have his limits. In the end, he was not only overwhelmed because of Chrom/MU and the Ylissean/Regna Feroxian army, but also the weight he had forced upon others had been turned against him (out of the millions of men under his command only a fraction remained loyal to him while the bulk turned against him just like how the majority of the Plegian army turned against Gangrel).
---
If life is suffering, then what does death bring?
#32Dragunov_ZeroPosted 4/4/2013 12:46:55 AM
DullahanEX posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Nice exclusive weapon.

Too bad he can't get Armsthrift so it's just a novelty toy.

Please, Ragnell is in the same boat as Wolf Berg in Awakening and at least Walhart did not need the power of a goddess to be a badass unlike Ike (read getting his weapon durability hax and his 3rd tier promotion) and plus he overrides his weakness to armor and horses without some gimmick like the Black Knight.

Walhart is badass but, this comment doesn't help his case at all, and just sounds like whining. Ike could fight Walhart with or without Ragnell (blessed or unblessed the weapon would be the same).

Honestly if anything Walhart would probably respect him and fight/kill him more lol.

I'll admit, it does sound like whining and I apologize for any misunderstandings it might have caused, but that was not my intention. I was merely explaining that Ike and the Black Knight had divine blessings whereas Walhart did not (he despises gods after all) and that Ragnell was now a normal weapon with durability in Awakening just like Wolf Berg.
---
#33DullahanEXPosted 4/4/2013 12:55:14 AM(edited)
Dragunov_Zero posted...
DullahanEX posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Nice exclusive weapon.

Please, Ragnell is in the same boat as Wolf Berg in Awakening and at least Walhart did not need the power of a goddess to be a badass unlike Ike (read getting his weapon durability hax and his 3rd tier promotion) and plus he overrides his weakness to armor and horses without some gimmick like the Black Knight.

Walhart is badass but, this comment doesn't help his case at all, and just sounds like whining. Ike could fight Walhart with or without Ragnell (blessed or unblessed the weapon would be the same).

Honestly if anything Walhart would probably respect him and fight/kill him more lol.

I'll admit, it does sound like whining and I apologize for any misunderstandings it might have caused, but that was not my intention. I was merely explaining that Ike and the Black Knight had divine blessings whereas Walhart did not (he despises gods after all) and that Ragnell was now a normal weapon with durability in Awakening just like Wolf Berg.

Yeah, but Ike didn't ask for them and doesn't undermine his (or the Black Knight) skill. Hell in RD BK could take most of the Laguz army even without the armor (remember he's Zelgius). So blessed equipment doesn't really factor that much into their fighting ability especially considering their teacher.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#34IlluminaZer0Posted 4/4/2013 1:17:29 AM(edited)
zeloswilder_fan posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3qQszBkZ_Y

I just realized how much Walhart reminds me of Sengoku Basara's depiction of Hideyoshi.

This shouldn't be a surprise as Sengoku Basara's Hideyoshi is also a Raoh expy. In fact, he is a far more blatant one, to the point that he even make direct references to the Raoh character.

For example: How Tokugawa kills Hideyoshi is extremely similar to the final punch shared between Kenshiro and Raoh.

Addendum: Raoh is an extremely popular character. Consider that Japan even held a real life funeral for Raoh (promotional) that had an attendance of over 3000.

---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#35Dragunov_ZeroPosted 4/4/2013 1:40:35 AM
DullahanEX posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
DullahanEX posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Nice exclusive weapon.

Yeah, but Ike didn't ask for them and doesn't undermine his (or the Black Knight) skill. Hell in RD BK could take most of the Laguz army even without the armor (remember he's Zelgius). So blessed equipment doesn't really factor that much into their fighting ability especially considering their teacher.

I'm not undermining their abilities as warriors either, I respect them as characters and fighters but I still believe Walhart trumps them in term badass factor because he achieved his greatest feats without the use of blessed equipment and mixed blood, only his might, willpower and normal weapons.
---
#36Dragunov_ZeroPosted 4/4/2013 1:51:12 AM
My point is this: Walhart at his prime ingame =/= Ike and BK at their prime ingame hence they should not be compared in terms of 'strength' because the Tellius side needs to have blessed equipment to considered at their 'prime' ingame but Walhart has access to none of that, which makes the comparison uneven and outright unfair.
---
#37RDS1Posted 4/4/2013 3:28:15 AM
Walhart loses because weapon triangle.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#38EternalBlizzardPosted 4/4/2013 4:06:53 AM
To be fair, Ike is still a youth (relatively) when the events of his gamed unfold, while Walhart is a bit older IIRC. If we're talking physical strength, who knows how Ike will turn out in a decade or so?
---
If I only I could be as motivated for the things I should do as I am for the things I want to do.
#39EmeralDragon23Posted 4/4/2013 4:36:47 AM
Ike would stomp Walhart.
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#40arvilinoPosted 4/4/2013 4:40:04 AM
RDS1 posted...
Walhart loses because weapon triangle.

Walhart conquers(controls) the weapon triangle.