Rate that Map! Day 1 - Southtown (prologue) *SPOILERS eventually*

#1kaygee12Posted 4/4/2013 2:10:15 PM(edited)
As a person who really enjoys geography and miniature things, this seemed like a great opportunity to start my own day-by-day contest about FE:A that seem to be popping up.

The Maps!

On each day, there will be one map presented, in order of appearance. Give it a letter grade, from E (lowest) to A (highest). Then we will see what each map will receive. You can grade on terrain variety, aesthetics, how the map affects strategies or even how the map influences the mood of the chapter.

Day 1: Southtown (prologue)

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Southtown

15 x 14, very small.

There are a few buildings and bridges over small waterways. Mobing waterwheel in the top right corner. The fruit stands in the middle and the church are nice touches. The buildings have a neat fire effect. Garrick led bandits in an attack on Southtown at the beginning of Chrom and the Sheppards adventure.

I will make a vote after a few votes have been submitted.

EDIT: Added a bit more detail now that I have my 3DS.
---
Currently loving Fire Emblem: Awakening
#2Pitbuller_26Posted 4/4/2013 2:07:13 PM
This would be a lot easier for you if you make it a poll.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#3SazukeEXPosted 4/4/2013 2:10:23 PM
10/10

Best support map in the game.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4kaygee12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:16:15 PM(edited)
Pitbuller_26 posted...
This would be a lot easier for you if you make it a poll.

The only issue I have with that is poll votes do not bump topics thus reducing discussion. Also, it does not take much more effort to click "post new message" then type one letter as your vote and then hit post. Alas, if this method doesn't work too well, I will resort to a poll.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SazukeEX posted...
10/10

Best support map in the game.

Can I put you down as an "A" then, reason being useful for support grinding?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, my vote:

I think this is a very good 1st map, not too open and not too tight. The 3D effects really pop with the lower water level. Also I really enjoy the fire. Its also not that memorable.

C from me.

---
#5heavylobsterguyPosted 4/4/2013 2:32:44 PM
B. Standard, small 1st map. The only big ones were from 4 and 6.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#6Is_CorruptedPosted 4/4/2013 2:45:43 PM
A.

Prologue map that takes advantage of some solid terrain to create chokepoints or go-arounds.

Looking forward to this serie, gotta see if people will blindly praise one of the biggest flaws this game has.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#7uuurrrgghPosted 4/4/2013 2:47:42 PM
C

not to good, not to bad
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#8kaygee12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:50:13 PM(edited)
Is_Corrupted posted...
A.

Prologue map that takes advantage of some solid terrain to create chokepoints or go-arounds.

Looking forward to this serie, gotta see if people will blindly praise one of the biggest flaws this game has.

I'm not a longtime FE or even SRPG fan, but I do love maps and things in miniature haha. I'm sure people will have many different ways to grade these maps

Also, if you guys have any ways I can improve the "write up" of each map that would be greatly appreciated.

---
#9hunknchunkPosted 4/4/2013 3:07:55 PM
A

Pretty much a flawless introduction visually and strategically. Maybe it's graphical sheen blinding my perspective, but it might be my favorite intro map from the series. It's the undeniable moment when you realize this game is going to be real good.
#10SazukeEXPosted 4/4/2013 3:08:47 PM
No other reason.

It makes support grinding manageable and for that it's amazing.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.