I hate how freaking easy it is to break this game ..

#31arvilinoPosted 4/5/2013 1:06:08 PM(edited)
Enlino posted...
arvilino posted...

This is true fe7 and 8 by half way point if not sooner they became easy to beat.

You just prolly didnt manage units well if you got hurt on fe8

You must have only played normal mode. There's a glitch in normal mode on Sacred Stones where promoted units don't get any of their unpromoted levels, so they're actually weaker than unpromoted units - endgame units are about as strong as early-mid game units. In hard mode they get their full 20 unpromoted levels, and can actually be pretty dangerous.

I had a little check on Hard mode they're wielding Steel Weapons on the chapter 20 (I've got a save there) and 13-16 strength and about on average of 24 attack from the physical enemies. Seth(level 20) has 47 HP and 19 Defense, Myrrh(level 5) has 20 HP 23 defense.

They also range from 85-100 hit. Whereas Seth has 63 avoid or 83 on a Forest. The enemies are no where near what you're claiming.
#32Brady672_AT_fanPosted 4/5/2013 12:57:43 PM
Enlino posted...
Sorry fatelord, Awakening's balance is flawless.

That may be going a bit far... I agree that the game is amazing, and dlc/grinding shouldn't be abused if you want a challenge, but flawless? I mean, with pair up, supports, and even characters the odds are in your favor more often than not.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#33megaman91985Posted 4/5/2013 1:00:35 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Don't use the DLC than.

Fight the temptation.

I like the DLC early on for my files that I'm grinding out the last supports.

Pain in the ASS!

---
Amy Anderson/Ami Mizuno lover! ^_^
Check profile for FCs.
#34EnlinoPosted 4/5/2013 1:19:09 PM
arvilino posted...

I had a little check on Hard mode they're wielding Steel Weapons on the chapter 20 (I've got a save there) and 13-16 strength and about on average of 24 attack from the physical enemies. Seth(level 20) has 47 HP and 19 Defense, Myrrh(level 5) has 20 HP 23 defense.

They also range from 85-100 hit. Whereas Seth has 63 avoid or 83 on a Forest. The enemies are no where near what you're claiming.

Don't forget the 37 magical attack gorgons (with 3 range stone)! Or the two bosses with 27 magical attack / 140 hit and 37 physical attack / 150 hit. A level 20 Seth is certainly powerful, but not invincible. Myrrh is amazing, but she only has one weapon that can't be (legitimately) repaired and once it breaks she's useless. And I'm guessing your other units are a bit weaker, unless you ground in the tower.

Enlino posted
My point was not that Sacred Stones is a flawless game with perfect balance, but rather that other Fire Emblems - even the one generally considered the easiest! - did not have endgames you could sleep through.
#35ZalagrenPosted 4/5/2013 1:59:43 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
Don't use the DLC than.

Fight the temptation.

I like the DLC early on for my files that I'm grinding out the last supports.

Pain in the ASS!

The problem is that any mode beyond Hard is an enormous pain in the ass, because the game *expects* you to grind and is designed with that in mind. Early Lunatic is fine, though too reliant on Fred for my tastes.

Even handicapping myself significantly in Hard, the game eventually winds up too easy even with no grinding. Even if I consciously decide to use bad characters(Virion, Ricken, Miriel, Olivia(Yes, she is bad on a no grinding run), Stahl), Hard mode eventually becomes too easy even with no grinding, map events, pair ups, and whatnot.

So I either play Hard and self impose a bunch of ludicrous handicaps just so I don't break the game(and admittedly, this has made the game a lot better), or I play on Lunatic where I'll either need to grind or reset a lot.

The balance just sucks, there's no two ways about it. Needing to self impose limitations to such an intense degree tells me that the game is broken, and Lunatic is such a giant leap from Hard mode.
#36SazukeEXPosted 4/5/2013 1:48:16 PM
Not really.

Many here have beaten Lunatic before we even had grinding options.

We just couldn't derp cap everyone.

We picked a certain team and used them. Kids weren't even on the table and aren't needed anyway.

Though since I married FeMU to Chrom it meant that my Lucina and Morgan were crazy high at bases for being basic classes.

Since you know, you're going to be using MU/FeMU and Chrom a lot.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#37ZalagrenPosted 4/5/2013 1:57:26 PM
SazukeEX posted...
snip

Sorry, should have used a better word. I didn't mean literally impossible so I guess I should fix that.
#38dark-world-q8Posted 4/5/2013 4:20:43 PM
MM125 posted...
If you hate how DLC can be abused to break the game, then don't abuse DLC to break the game.

exactly
#39prince_leoPosted 4/5/2013 4:25:58 PM
Wait, someone thought Sacred Stones was hard?
I mean, I loved that game and logged over a hundred hours of it on my old GBA, but not only can Seth solo it on any difficulty but the game itself is piss easy giving you great promoted units like Duessel and Saleh. And hell, Ephraim's route is harder than Erika's but Ephraim is capable of soloing chapter 5X and from there he'll be level 10+
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#40EnlinoPosted 4/5/2013 5:16:16 PM
prince_leo posted...
Wait, someone thought Sacred Stones was hard?
I mean, I loved that game and logged over a hundred hours of it on my old GBA, but not only can Seth solo it on any difficulty but the game itself is piss easy giving you great promoted units like Duessel and Saleh. And hell, Ephraim's route is harder than Erika's but Ephraim is capable of soloing chapter 5X and from there he'll be level 10+

Enlino posted...
My point was ... that other Fire Emblems - even the one generally considered the easiest! - did not have endgames you could sleep through.

The strategy of "deploy best units, mash end turn" does not work in Sacred Stones. I know reading comprehension is hard, so it's an understandable mistake.