I hate how freaking easy it is to break this game ..

#41prince_leoPosted 4/5/2013 5:20:49 PM
Enlino posted...
The strategy of "deploy best units, mash end turn" does not work in Sacred Stones.

Except for Lagdou Ruins, it does work in Sacred Stones.

Enlino posted...
I know reading comprehension is hard, so it's an understandable mistake.

There is no need to be rude or condescending.
---
No man stands so tall as he who stoops to help a child.
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#42EnlinoPosted 4/5/2013 5:34:02 PM
prince_leo posted...

Except for Lagdou Ruins, it does work in Sacred Stones.

No it doesn't. You have varied objectives that can't be done by siting in place, and enemies are strong enough that without grinding you'll be overwhelmed. (Talking about hard mode here, normal is obviously different due to the glitch with promoted units) Yes, Seth is powerful. He's not invincible, and dealing with the seige tomes, powerful magic units, and status staves will require the player to put thought and planning into their actions. I'm not saying Sacred Stones is some impossible challenge on hard, I'm saying that you can't just stomp everything the way you can in awakening.

There is no need to be rude or condescending.

I know it makes people less receptive, but I find it frustrating when people ignore what you actually say so they can get off their dismissive one liner. A bad habit, I know.
#43Sun XiaoPosted 4/5/2013 5:38:42 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Don't use the DLC than.

Fight the temptation.

I like the DLC early on for my files that I'm grinding out the last supports.

Pain in the ASS!

This.

achooblessyou posted...
Optional, optional, optional.

This too.
---
Annoy A Republican, Fight Corporation Greed !
#44prince_leoPosted 4/5/2013 6:07:56 PM(edited)
Enlino posted...
No it doesn't. You have varied objectives that can't be done by siting in place, and enemies are strong enough that without grinding you'll be overwhelmed. (Talking about hard mode here, normal is obviously different due to the glitch with promoted units) Yes, Seth is powerful. He's not invincible, and dealing with the seige tomes, powerful magic units, and status staves will require the player to put thought and planning into their actions. I'm not saying Sacred Stones is some impossible challenge on hard, I'm saying that you can't just stomp everything the way you can in awakening.

Character credits showing 0 battles on everyone here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHyxGDXN2kg

Here you can see that it's hard mode and everyone's level/stats/battles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNA-5ZxCrq4

It's more than possible to solo the game on hard mode with Seth. I event went ahead and included Ephraim, Duessel, and Saleh; with them it's more than enough to beat the entire game with minimal input. I love Sacred Stones but it's without difficulty.

Enlino posted...
I know it makes people less receptive, but I find it frustrating when people ignore what you actually say so they can get off their dismissive one liner. A bad habit, I know.

It's just that you're wrong. It is easily done, people are dismissing you quickly because it's well known that Sacred Stones is devoid of any real difficulty. Then you turned around and insulted us...it doesn't mean we should really give you any time to express your opinion when it's been known for over half a decade what an easy game Sacred Stones is.
---
- Young Leo has more swag than you
#45EnlinoPosted 4/5/2013 6:51:25 PM
prince_leo posted...
Enlino posted...

Character credits showing 0 battles on everyone here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHyxGDXN2kg

Here you can see that it's hard mode and everyone's level/stats/battles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNA-5ZxCrq4

It's more than possible to solo the game on hard mode with Seth. I event went ahead and included Ephraim, Duessel, and Saleh; with them it's more than enough to beat the entire game with minimal input. I love Sacred Stones but it's without difficulty.

Enlino posted...

It's just that you're wrong. It is easily done, people are dismissing you quickly because it's well known that Sacred Stones is devoid of any real difficulty. Then you turned around and insulted us...it doesn't mean we should really give you any time to express your opinion when it's been known for over half a decade what an easy game Sacred Stones is.

And you wonder why I questioned people's reading comprehension.

Enlino posted...
I'm not saying Sacred Stones is some impossible challenge on hard, I'm saying that you can't just stomp everything the way you can in awakening.

Sacred Stones is not impossible to solo. I never said it was. The entire reason I used Sacred Stones as an example is because it is easy. Here, I'll make sure you don't miss it this time.

--> The entire reason I used Sacred Stones as an example is because it is easy. <--

And here you are, again, saying that Sacred Stones is easy as if that somehow disproves my argument.
#46prince_leoPosted 4/5/2013 7:01:21 PM
So you've gone back to being rude and condescending? The worst part is that you claim that I don't have good reading comprehension, when if you look at my posts, I never once mentioned Awakening.

I proved you wrong when you said here:

Enlino posted...
No it doesn't. You have varied objectives that can't be done by siting in place, and enemies are strong enough that without grinding you'll be overwhelmed. (Talking about hard mode here, normal is obviously different due to the glitch with promoted units)

We have moved on from Awakening being more broken than Sacred Stones (which I have never disagreed with) and moved on to me taking issue with the following statements:

Enlino posted...
Seth won't be invincible in the second half of the game

Enlino posted...
The strategy of "deploy best units, mash end turn" does not work in Sacred Stones.

Enlino posted...
Yes, Seth is powerful. He's not invincible

These are all wrong.

Look, no Fire Emblem really has that much difficulty once you know what you're doing. Awakening is easier than Sacred Stones and has a lot more options to break the game. I never disagreed with this. I still found both games to be highly enjoyable.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VH2Nc.jpg - Young Leo has more swag than you
#47EnlinoPosted 4/5/2013 7:28:18 PM
prince_leo posted...
So you've gone back to being rude and condescending? The worst part is that you claim that I don't have good reading comprehension, when if you look at my posts, I never once mentioned Awakening.

I proved you wrong when you said here:

Enlino posted...
No it doesn't. You have varied objectives that can't be done by siting in place, and enemies are strong enough that without grinding you'll be overwhelmed. (Talking about hard mode here, normal is obviously different due to the glitch with promoted units)

You responded to this by posting youtube links showing someone solo'd the game with Seth. If I had claimed that the game could not be solo'd with Seth, then yes, that would certainly prove me wrong. But I didn't. I claimed that Sacred Stones had maps with varied objectives, and enemies powerful enough that simply mashing end turn and waiting for them to suicide against you wouldn't work. Your rebuttal did not address my actual argument in any way.

Here, I'll give some examples.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/NomadicTrooperGirl/media/VASM/14B.png.html

You have locked doors, druids with sleep and berserk staves, and fairly strong mages.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/NomadicTrooperGirl/media/VASM/18.png.html

Damaging floor tiles, eggs that hatch in a couple turns with powerful magic (too many for a solo unit to stop from hatching) and gorgons with stone.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/NomadicTrooperGirl/media/VASM/19.png.html

Huge swarms of reinforcements and a guy on the throne you need to protect.

Yes, all of these can be solo'd by Seth. No, you cannot do so by mashing end turn and moving forward as necessary. This is all that I ever claimed. Since you apparently agree with me I'd be happy to let the matter rest, but please don't counter a point I never raised.